northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
September 2013 General Discussion

daddylonglegs

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temps were at about 57 around 6 in the morning, and shot right down to 54 by 7 and continue to slowly drop (at 52 right now). Strong northerly winds said "Hell no!" to morning warming. YYZ anticipating a high of 57 today and a low of 39 tonight. Funny if our "high temp" will have come at 6am....

Turned out to be one of those beautiful fall days. Clouds cleared out of most of Ontario around mid afternoon and now it's gorgeous out.

Love these days where the air is crisp, clean and cool while the rays of the sun are still warm on your body. Seems as though we will match the high of 57 this morning. Throw on a sweater and BBQ time!

67F/38F...  talk about...  bike riding weather

After this week...i would imagine that the thoughts of 80F weather are pretty much done...

Not a chance, when LOT is discussing the possibility of bumping temps on Thursday up above the mid to upper 80s if the surface warm front is far enough north, La Crosse and others are unfortunately not out of the woods of 80s after this week.  It becomes much more difficult, especially that any heat/death ridge would get this far north, but I would say 90s are out of the realm after this week, not 80s.

High 61° today. Even with full sun after 12pm. Already 53° with calm winds. Gonna get chilly again tonight.

Yeah I don't need a long period with 40s for highs. I'm with Bo - go from 50s to snow.

Yep, though I'd imagine it's just realistic that we'll have a period of 40s in there.  Maybe we'll have an October or November day with 40s during the day and a decent snow event at night, that's possible.

Yep, though I'd imagine it's just realistic that we'll have a period of 40s in there.  Maybe we'll have an October or November day with 40s during the day and a decent snow event at night, that's possible.

I remember some early season storms like that. Where it is in the upper 40s the day before then a cold front sweeps through and a short wave tracks up along the front to the south of us.

Down to 48°.

Another great day similar to yesterday. Currently at 60F, sunny, perfectly clear and a bit of a breeze.

I love how massive this surface high is right now. As it slides east winds are shifting to the south and Ontario should see some warmer temps into Friday, with some thunderstorm activity possible Friday evening.

TZlRtAc.gif

Looks like some cloud cover moving in from the west:

KayhXME.jpg

Hit 70 earlier before the clouds thickened.  Had a few sprinkles in the last hour, but nothing measurable. 

This time last week we were having some power flickers from what I'm guessing was the overload of electrical usage from all the A/Cs in use at the same time.  What a change.  A/C hasn't been used here for several days. 

Archived