12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
September 2013 General Discussion

daddylonglegs

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent weather again this weekend for the early season bow hunting with low 40's in the am in the se and 30 up north  Sunday AM..    Still no first extended chill of fall in the foreseeable..  O well...save it for winter and another cold spring.

Beauty of a sunset tonight.  cell phone ftl.

Have a great weekend all.

20i9eug.jpg

Decent weather again this weekend for the early season bow hunting with low 40's in the am in the se and 30 up north Sunday AM.. Still no first extended chill of fall in the foreseeable.. O well...save it for winter and another cold spring.

Beauty of a sunset tonight. cell phone ftl.

Have a great weekend all.

20i9eug.jpg

The GFS looks awful in regards to the 1st legit Fall chill. No sub 60 highs in sight.

Somewhat OT, but I was looking through the thread for the February 6-8th storm from last winter, and saw some pictures from Woodstock taken by Kevlon.  It reminded me that Woodstock was the location that the famed movie "Groundhog Day" was shot.  One of the classics and I would say one of my top few movies of all time.  Seeing that city buried in snow is classic.

Personally my favorite storm last winter was the one at the end of February (the storm that wouldn't quit), but the one in the beginning of the month was really good too.

Clouds completely cleared out now. Temperature starting to fall into the mid 50s.

Personally my favorite storm last winter was the one at the end of February (the storm that wouldn't quit), but the one in the beginning of the month was really good too.

Clouds completely cleared out now. Temperature starting to fall into the mid 50s.

Both were good, but the one in Early February had your name written all over it (not a very expansive area of 6"+ snows), whereas the late February storm was a bit more spread the wealth.

Both were good, but the one in Early February had your name written all over it (not a very expansive area of 6"+ snows), whereas the late February storm was a bit more spread the wealth.

Yeah that storm was a surprise. The one that wasn't supposed to start until dinner time - started at 10am instead. If I remember dynamic cooling was ftw.

Hands down the best storm for here last season was the Dec 20th blizzard.  Even though we only ended up with about 4" of snow it was rocking for awhile out there with very heavy snow combined with 50-60mph winds.  Sort of a short version of the GHD storm.  Other than that it was another season without a 6"+ storm.  Hopefully this upcoming season doesn't make for three winters in a row without a 6"er.

Got down to 48 here this morning. 

The last few seasons for snow were not very memorable for me. As a snow contractor since 2002, I am in the thick of things for every even from start to finish. There was only time where I was forced to stop plowing or working from lack of visibility for a 25 minutes back in 2010 for a thunder snow squall.

Have been waiting for a epic event for years just for the fun of it. Perhaps this is the season, more than likely not!!!!

Been raining for a steady 13 hours now with the slow passage of the cold front. A few rainfall warnings issued (50mm+ in 24 hrs) to my west including a radar estimated 3.50" bullseye. Not quite as much rain IMBY as we missed the heavier thunderstorms earlier on. Approaching an inch here according to radar estimates, much needed rain as we've been through a bit of a dry period.

The last few seasons for snow were not very memorable for me. As a snow contractor since 2002, I am in the thick of things for every even from start to finish. There was only time where I was forced to stop plowing or working from lack of visibility for a 25 minutes back in 2010 for a thunder snow squall.

Have been waiting for a epic event for years just for the fun of it. Perhaps this is the season, more than likely not!!!!

2002-2010 were good years, the snowiest decade on record for Detroit, but the last 2 winters sucked.

Archived