northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
September 2013 General Discussion

daddylonglegs

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can tell one thing the RAP is out of touch regarding these storms. 

Seeing signs of training potential along US 20 in Illinois before the main line hits. 

Scratch that the storms are moving ENE.

Almost all the models had the storms holding off here until at least 10 or 11 tonight here, staying off to the southwest.  It's rare thunderstorms are well ahead of schedule like this.

Killed ya again this round.. Can you at least hear and see all my lightning?   Best constant thunder and lightning show in a while..   Rains pretty meh but a decent half hr of light to +plus light rain.

Yeah right, radar estimates I received close to a half inch of rain.  Looks like longer lasting thunder and lightning down your way, but when referencing your area before I was talking rain from t'storm action (and precip in general).  I had a 10-15 minute period of heavy rain and then moderate rain since.

I think the chance of hitting 80° just went out the window with another outflow boundary approaching from the north.

Probably will be close to 10pm before storms get in here. Wisconsinwx and BowMe, you look to be in for an active evening for awhile.

I think the chance of hitting 80° just went out the window with another outflow boundary approaching from the north.

Probably will be close to 10pm before storms get in here. Wisconsinwx and BowMe, you look to be in for an active evening for awhile.

Hard to say, looks like a lull for a couple of hours until that activity in NW Illinois heads in and hopefully backbuilds to the south for the Chicago and Milwaukee areas.  Columbia County in SC Wisconsin will probably be the rainfall and storm jackpot.  They are on Round 2 and still have one more round coming up from the SW.

Archived