Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September 2013 General Discussion

daddylonglegs

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much to look forward to!  After today, hopefully the 90s are done for awhile.

Hopefully for the rest of the year!

12z EURO still showing the trough. Cold enough for an early frost up in northern lower MI?

ecmwfUS_850_temp_144.gif

ecmwfUS_850_temp_168.gif

GFS early afternoon on Monday. Refreshing!

gfsUS_sfc_temp_150.gif

I hope there is at least one decent thunderstorm complex for the month.  September tends to be one of the more boring weather months.  It wouldn't be a bad thing if allergies weren't an issue, since boring severe weather wise in September would normally mean an abundance of nice days, but ragweed has been awful in September as of late, and with first frosts/freezes trending later than they used to, it takes until the middle of October for the pollen to be scoured out.  I'd take a rainy month, even if it was mostly stratiform.

I hope there is at least one decent thunderstorm complex for the month.  September tends to be one of the more boring weather months.  It wouldn't be a bad thing if allergies weren't an issue, since boring severe weather wise in September would normally mean an abundance of nice days, but ragweed has been awful in September as of late, and with first frosts/freezes trending later than they used to, it takes until the middle of October for the pollen to be scoured out.  I'd take a rainy month, even if it was mostly stratiform.

Take a Claritin or deal with it. The rest of us who actually enjoy being outside would rather have a decent September and not a rainy month. I have allergies, but I'd much rather just deal with them then have a month where I can't go mountain biking and such because of rain.  How are you going to enjoy a rainy month? 

Take a Claritin or deal with it. The rest of us who actually enjoy being outside would rather have a decent September and not a rainy month. I have allergies, but I'd much rather just deal with them then have a month where I can't go mountain biking and such because of rain.  How are you going to enjoy a rainy month? 

I don't mean rainy every day, but enough to keep things fresh.  I've tried every decent allergy medicine out there, so it's obviously not that easy.  Claritin, Zyrtec, Allegra.  That being said, that will be all I'm going to say about the subject.

I don't mean rainy every day, but enough to keep things fresh.  I've tried every decent allergy medicine out there, so it's obviously not that easy.  Claritin, Zyrtec, Allegra.  That being said, that will be all I'm going to say about the subject.

I would really go for rain twice a week during allergy season. Some days the allergy medicine doesn't work fully. It seems like the nights were the temperature and dewpoint are close together is when my allergies are the worst. Usually the worst allergies occur in the first 2 weeks of the month.

LABOR DAY AND TUESDAY...FORECAST CONFIDENCE MEDIUM

THE SHORTWAVE DIGS INTO THE EASTERN GREAT LAKES WITH A MID/UPPER

LEVEL NORTHWEST FLOW ACROSS SOUTHERN WISCONSIN. COLD AIR ADVECTION

ON NORTH LOW LEVEL WINDS ARE EXPECTED LABOR DAY WITH SURFACE HIGH

PRESSURE MOVING ACROSS THE AREA MONDAY NIGHT AND TUESDAY MORNING.

WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY...FORECAST CONFIDENCE MEDIUM

ANOTHER UPSTREAM SHORTWAVE DIGS SOUTHEAST INTO THE TROUGH. A

SECOND COLD FRONT DROPS ACROSS SOUTHERN WISCONSIN WEDNESDAY

AFTERNOON AND EVENING WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS/THUNDERSTORMS, THEN A

SECONDARY SURGE OF VERY COOL AIR MOVES IN ON THURSDAY. THE 00Z

ECMWF IS COOLER THAN THE GFS.

Per MKX: :weight_lift:

Cooler air is welcome.  After the last 10 days or so, I am ready for it.

Yeah I agree.  Summer kind of felt like it was missing something, in that we didn't have a really intense hot period.  Now that we finally got one I'm good, and ready to move on to the cool season.  Less than 12hrs from now meteorological autumn starts... :guitar:

Eh, even this week looks to be average temps at best, maybe a tad above.  Amazing how difficult it is to get an air mass that is 15-20F below normal, but it is so easy to torch 15-20F above.  As much as I don't like it, shows how the trend around here in recent years is warmth.

lol

000CXUS53 KMKX 010900CF6MKEPRELIMINARY LOCAL CLIMATOLOGICAL DATA (WS FORM: F-6)STATION:   MILWAUKEE WIMONTH:     AUGUSTYEAR:      2013                                          
TEMPERATURE DATA      AVERAGE MONTHLY: 70.9       DPTR FM NORMAL:   0.2       HIGHEST:    95 ON 30,27      LOWEST:     53 ON 14                                                                               

Archived