• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September 2013 General Discussion

daddylonglegs

Hoping that boundary in eastern Iowa can ignite before it passes through here later this afternoon.  Some feisty looking cumulus are boiling along the boundary right now.  Decent instability in place, but bulk shear is terrible.  Still could get some gusty storms from whatever pops from that.  Up to 88 now, with a dew still hovering around 70.

EDIT:  Up to 90 now, MLI at 91.  Surprisingly warm day.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:sleepy:  I'm beginning to feel like Rip VanWinkle:

• Labor Day Partly sunny, with a high near 80.
  • Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 52.
  • Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 75.
  • Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 53. .
  • Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 79.
  • Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 58.
  • Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.
  • Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 57.
  • Friday Sunny, with a high near 82.
  • Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 61.
  • Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 83.
  • Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 62.
  • Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 84.

Eh, even this week looks to be average temps at best, maybe a tad above.  Amazing how difficult it is to get an air mass that is 15-20F below normal, but it is so easy to torch 15-20F above.  As much as I don't like it, shows how the trend around here in recent years is warmth.

Thank the EPA clean air act for that.... Can't get lows like the 1970's without all the aerosols blocking sunlight. The 1970's were colder than the late 1800's.

I assume this would be a landspout.  Didn't think we had the shear for a true mesocyclone in northern IL but it is confirmed.

Na...It's a legit mini-supercell structure.

Nice over-shooting tops on vis sat. Also locally backed winds in the area.

It's making the most of the given environment.

SWS up this way for strong storms moving into Lake County.

Thunderheads going up everywhere.

Just heard the marine alarm go off.

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI639 PM CDT SUN SEP 1 2013WIZ070>072-020045-KENOSHA-RACINE-WALWORTH-639 PM CDT SUN SEP 1 2013...STRONG THUNDERSTORMS MOVING INTO RACINE...KENOSHA...AND WALWORTHCOUNTIES...AT 634 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATEDSTRONG THUNDERSTORMS ALONG A LINE EXTENDING FROM 6 MILES EAST OF WINDLAKE TO 8 MILES SOUTHWEST OF EAST TROY...MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 20 MPH.PEA SIZE HAIL...WINDS GREATER THAN 30 MPH...BRIEF HEAVYDOWNPOURS...ARE POSSIBLE WITH THESE STORMS.* THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE NEAR...  ROCHESTER BY 645 PM CDT...  BURLINGTON AIRPORT BY 650 PM CDT...  EAGLE LAKE AND COMO BY 655 PM CDT...  UNION GROVE BY 700 PM CDT...  STURTEVANT AND LAKE GENEVA BY 705 PM CDT...  POWERS LAKE AND PELL LAKE BY 720 PM CDT...  KENOSHA AIRPORT AND SILVER LAKE BY 725 PM CDT...GUSTY WINDS MAY CAUSE SMALL OBJECTS SUCH AS TRASH BINS TO BLOWAROUND. SEEK SHELTER IN A STURDY STRUCTURE UNTIL THESE STORMS HAVEPASSED.

Nice tor picture!

Getting quite dark here with C-C lightning visible.

Chitown- COD radar suggests line is making a shift more eastward.

Not as exciting as a tornado, but managed to snap a colorful backside of a tower a little while ago.

Nice pics. My sky looks quite similar right now Huronicane.

Geos, for a minute it looked like the intensity was shifting westward but maybe not. Good luck. Looks like my tornado siren under sunny skies is all I'm getting out of this.

I bet that confused some people!

I'll definitely catch part of this storm. It went from twilight to pitch dark in about 10 minutes here!

Couple miles to go.

Archived