Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September 2013 General Discussion

daddylonglegs

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lake Erie by the mouth of the Detroit river was 83 yesterday afternoon about a mile off shore.  Given the same spot was 73 ten days ago is very impressive to me. Water temps are going to tank with the nighttime lows of 60 or so in the forecast. Time to cover the pool soon.

NWS is now talking about 90s this weekend into next week.  Latest Euro has upper 90s here Tuesday.  This is getting old.  I mowed my neighbor's lawn yesterday and there was a cloud of dirt/dust shooting out from under the mowing pretty much the entire time.  The lawns are in terrible shape and will only get worse.

Why are you mowing?

NWS is now talking about 90s this weekend into next week.  Latest Euro has upper 90s here Tuesday.  This is getting old.  I mowed my neighbor's lawn yesterday and there was a cloud of dirt/dust shooting out from under the mowing pretty much the entire time.  The lawns are in terrible shape and will only get worse.

Damn.  From the freebie site it looks like we'd have another legitimate stab at 100.  That would be very impressive for Sep 10.

7;30 and its already starting to get dark here...ugh...the waning days of summer.  On the bright side, its easier to tell the kids to get to be when the sun isn't shining through the windows at 9pm... 

Temp dropping hard after hitting 78F today. 

NWS already hinting at the heat next weekend...  also looking at minimal rain chances until then. 

Man, if the 12z Euro is right it will be in the 90s all next week for many of us.  It didn't do so hot (no pun intended) with the longevity of the last heat wave though, so I aint buying it completely yet. 

HPC and IWX are both gun shy at buying into the extended Euro:

"EXTENDED DISCUSSION FROM HPC SUMS IT UPBEST WITH EVEN THE TRUSTED ECMWF SHOWING SIGNS OF POOR HANDLING OFLATER PERIODS."

Why are you mowing?

I had not mowed her lawn in over three weeks.  There are large, very brown patches that aren't growing at all, but there are also greenish patches peppered throughout the lawn that are still growing.  Earlier in summer I also planted some seed and installed a bit of sod in her yard so I've had to keep watering to keep that stuff alive.  The lawn in general was beginning to look like a crappy abandoned lot and it needed to be cleaned up.  It looks much nicer now.

Upper 30's and low 40's a good bet tonight over all of northern MI. Some mid 30's and patchy frost is likely across the bridge in the interior UP.

Temp peaked here around 64 and has fallen to 61 since the front passed. Low clouds and a breeze makes it really feel like early Autumn...

normal low now in the upper 40's.

Archived