Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Gentle, nurturing showers discussion

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean to tell me that this thread isn't a joke?  That we are going to model watch for the possibility of a derecho? 

My goodness. I knew the weather was boring around these parts, but I didn't realize it was this boring. 

Can only imagine what would happen if the 344 hr GFS showed a landfall major Hurricane in SNE.

You mean to tell me that this thread isn't a joke?  That we are going to model watch for the possibility of a derecho? 

My goodness. I knew the weather was boring around these parts, but I didn't realize it was this boring. 

Can only imagine what would happen if the 344 hr GFS showed a landfall major Hurricane in SNE.

Something like this?

I'm naked!!!

I can only see the 12 HR increments but looking at 12z Wednesday the Euro does show strong 700 and 500mb winds just to the west of southern New England along with a pretty strong LLJ...does shear increase here throughout the afternoon?

Also, looking those 850mb winds, you'd have to imagine they increase to 45-50kt, considering they're maxing at near 40kt at 96hr and increase to 55kt by 120hr east of SNE. Looks like good directional shear with sfc winds SW ahead of low pressure and the NW flow aloft.

The precip panels also blow up, with what's most likely an MCS feature.

Also, looking those 850mb winds, you'd have to imagine they increase to 45-50kt, considering they're maxing at near 40kt at 96hr and increase to 55kt by 120hr east of SNE. Looks like good directional shear with sfc winds SW ahead of low pressure and the NW flow aloft.

The precip panels also blow up, with what's most likely an MCS feature.

It will be interesting watching the models handle this over the next few days b/c the GFS is pretty meh on any potential

It will be interesting watching the models handle this over the next few days b/c the GFS is pretty meh on any potential

Reminds me of winter storm, where the GFS has it, drops it and then comes back into play last minute. We'll see...the NAM is almost in range, but expect to see some wacked out progs for 60-84hr, as usual. 6z DGEX was showing a potent MCS, FWIW, which isn't much.

Reminds me of winter storm, where the GFS has it, drops it and then comes back into play last minute. We'll see...the NAM is almost in range, but expect to see some wacked out progs for 60-84hr, as usual. 6z DGEX was showing a potent MCS, FWIW, which isn't much.

As expected, lol, here's the NAM fantasy for Wednesday morning:

post-533-0-49615700-1377399462_thumb.jpg

While it may not be a "derecho" per se, there is ongoing MCS activity over Ontario, pressing SEward as we study models for later on.  May not get here, sure, but looking that satellite presentation of that activity, in motion, and knowing the synoptic canvas, the thing already hearkens to this pattern being more rife with potential in that regard.  

May want to consider that. 

While it may not be a "derecho" per se, there is ongoing MCS activity over Ontario, pressing SEward as we study models for later on.  May not get here, sure, but looking that satellite presentation of that activity, in motion, and knowing the synoptic canvas, the thing already hearkens to this pattern being more rife with potential in that regard.  

May want to consider that. 

Looks like it's right on the edge of the stronger jet dynamics and higher theta-e air.

Archived