• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
If someone forced you to make your Winter forecast today...

Ji

this time of year there is great expectations...as it gets closer to winter the expectations are lowered...1981-82 is my top analog as of now...January 82 was cold and snowy in DC...Things could change before December comes and this analog could be trashed...

hope you're right uncle, that was a pretty decent year for our area especially after the dog of 80/81

Here in LSD it has been record or near record rainfall all summer and much cooler than normal.  It doesn't seem to be changing yet.  If the trend is your friend I look for early cold and wetter than normal (some good snow) at least in the first half of winter and perhaps longer.

Personally I'd prefer warm and dry.  We are still soggy and need to dry out.  No relief in sight though.

too many "cold/wet warm/dry" posts to count

Ian lols @ snow weenies (while staying up for the Euro whenever there is a threat)

I b**ch a lot about weenies in general

Midlo calls out my posts as being "disruptive"

RR fights with a few of us over the ravens, then snow, then some relationship that don't actually exist

Bob tries to stay calm and not go over the ledge

Ji cancels winter, uncancels winter, posts a thread with someone killing themself, then cancels winter 8 more times (and that's just december!)

Subtropics dies of severe hypothermia

Members from other regions post and talk about their snow, causing many of us to tell them STFU and go away (or just me, whatevs)

Yoda posts the GGEM, every day, every model run, non-stop

... i could keep going, feel free to add your own

Ian lols @ snow weenies (while staying up for the Euro whenever there is a threat)

RR fights with a few of us over the ravens, then snow, then some relationship that don't actually exist

Ji cancels winter, uncancels winter, posts a thread with someone killing themself, then cancels winter 8 more times (and that's just december!)

Members from other regions post and talk about their snow, causing many of us to tell them STFU and go away (or just me, whatevs)

:)

Hmmm

Here in LSD it has been record or near record rainfall all summer and much cooler than normal.  It doesn't seem to be changing yet.  If the trend is your friend I look for early cold and wetter than normal (some good snow) at least in the first half of winter and perhaps longer.

Personally I'd prefer warm and dry.  We are still soggy and need to dry out.  No relief in sight though.

picture yourself on a boat on a river

Your version is awesome!

Since 2000, IAD has beaten their median twice.  So, I'd have to go with 15" IAD, 14" BWI & my house, 10" DCA, 40" northern Maryland, 250" jonjon's place.

:lol: Oh how I would love to see 40" of snow

Archived