12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
August obs

mackerel_sky

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sitting about 80 with some high clouds. Darkening skies to the north with the approach of a line of storms dropping in from the north. Rain shortly... good thing got the yard cut. By tomorrow it will be 2 inches taller.

Rain failed :mellow: . Well as soon as the line entered the county.... poof. Line collasped and some split, left with nothing but a gust front from the dieing storms... winds gusted in the 40-50 range without the first drop.

But a completely different airmass. Temp is 65 dp is 62 comfortable enough to cut the AC off and sleep with the windows open.

No, T didn't have more the last 8 days.  T got .05 two days ago, and .2 yesterday for a total of 4.25 for the month.  It's a drought here in the cursed lands compared to the rest of you.   It is so bad in fact that all the rain that fell over the last week fell with the sun out.  I can't even get a big enough cloud full of rain to block out the sun.  Now..... it will get cloudy when it isn't going to rain, but as soon as it starts to rain, the sun comes out.  T

No, T didn't have more the last 8 days.  T got .05 two days ago, and .2 yesterday for a total of 4.25 for the month.  It's a drought here in the cursed lands compared to the rest of you.   It is so bad in fact that all the rain that fell over the last week fell with the sun out.  I can't even get a big enough cloud full of rain to block out the sun.  Now..... it will get cloudy when it isn't going to rain, but as soon as it starts to rain, the sun comes out.  T

Tony, you are .22 ahead of me for Aug., only 4.02 here!

I was in "historic downtown Wilmington" last night.  I captured this shot off the hotel balcony overlooking the Cape Fear River with the Coast Guard cutter U.S.S. Diligence in the foreground.  (The decommissioned battleship U.S.S. North Carolina is barely visible in the background above the bridge of the cutter.)  We had a few minutes of torrential downpours, with a spectacular lightning show that went on for about an hour.

I need a tripod for my camera to capture long-shutter images with any decent clarity, but in its absence I attempted to use the balcony as a stabilizer.  I wish it were better, but I was still pretty pleased to capture a few lightning bolts.

post-4420-0-81058500-1377391477_thumb.jp

I was in "historic downtown Wilmington" last night.  I captured this shot off the hotel balcony overlooking the Cape Fear River with the Coast Guard cutter U.S.S. Diligence in the foreground.  (The decommissioned battleship U.S.S. North Carolina is barely visible in the background above the bridge of the cutter.)  We had a few minutes of torrential downpours, with a spectacular lightning show that went on for about an hour.

I need a tripod for my camera to capture long-shutter images with any decent clarity, but in its absence I attempted to use the balcony as a stabilizer.  I wish it were better, but I was still pretty pleased to capture a few lightning bolts.

attachicon.gifIMG_6773.JPG

;) Hey don't worry thats a good shot anyway.

Now at 1.31 for the day and 6.28 for the month. The cold front has moved through.

NE surge behind the front is increasing the showers and thunderstorms at the coast.

:underthewx:  Wont last long. Even though temporary relief the surface trough and LP just NW of Mobile is postioned for warmer air to come north really quick. In a way you should be glad not to live in such a high likely hood of tornadoes. Atleat down in the south you may get alot of pulsating t-storms and lightening instead of the super-cellular tornadic storms.

Tony, you are .22 ahead of me for Aug., only 4.02 here!

Rosie,   how can that be???  You are up there in the rainy place. You have mountains to wring out the moisture.  It's freaky how this works for us.  Both you and Steve are living in the same rain free anti oasis zones that I'm in down here.  I'm telling you something is amiss with the micro climates.  It got to be lay lines, or Haarp, or something cosmic, lol.  I can only assume it means we will get anomalous snows in our locations come winter.  It's like spotty rain mange :)  Tony

Cool shot, Jonathan!!

;) Hey don't worry thats a good shot anyway.

:underthewx: Wont last long. Even though temporary relief the surface trough and LP just NW of Mobile is postioned for warmer air to come north really quick. In a way you should be glad not to live in such a high likely hood of tornadoes. Atleat down in the south you may get alot of pulsating t-storms and lightening instead of the super-cellular tornadic storms.

Yeah. My low for tonight is 65. That's gonna feel great and it finally won't be very humid. As you said it wont last long. Typical summer pattern returns by Friday.

0.01 earlier. 6.29 for the month. They picked up about 5 inches last night near the coast after the NE surge came through. Currently 90 with a breezy NE wind. Dewpoint is only 70. :) You can actually breathe outside on this simmer day.

Archived