amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The 2013-2014 Ski Season Thread

Skivt2

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These ones fail: Sugarloaf's biggest is 1750' on the Superquad. Sugarbush you need to ride 2 lifts.

Killington's skyeship is around 2600' but it's flat compared to the others. Wildcat quad and Cannon tram both exceed 2k vertical. Smuggs Madonna has 2150', Stowe has 2 lifts that qualify. Jay's tram is a bit over as well. Missing any?

we just did 2333 ,break for coffee, bluebird not cold

These ones fail: Sugarloaf's biggest is 1750' on the Superquad.  Sugarbush you need to ride 2 lifts.  

Killington's skyeship is around 2600' but it's flat compared to the others.  Wildcat quad and Cannon tram both exceed 2k vertical.  Smuggs Madonna has 2150', Stowe has 2 lifts that qualify. Jay's tram is a bit over as well.  Missing any?

Single at MRG

I forgot about that one...most classic lift out there right now. Although I love high speed lifts, I can appreciate that one.

Pretty sure it's the fastest non-detachable lift around, but it's no detachable quad and woefully inefficient at moving the line.  Will say though that many of us can use the break after a run down from the top... it's not your average descent, either steep trees or moguls... even with the lines I'm reacting a half second slower by 3 and that's usually the sign that it's time to pack it in for the day unless you can resort to cruisers.

Yesterday was awesome...bluebird and buried. Same today it looks like. The Greens are back to their standing as powder playground of the east.

View of 2,000+ verts in one pitch.

IMG_1824_edited-2.jpg

Drop it from the ridge like we did yesterday and its a solid half-mile of vertical.

IMG_1832_edited-2.jpg

IMG_1836_edited-2.jpg

IMG_1843_edited-2.jpg

IMG_1853_edited-2.jpg

IMG_1859_edited-2.jpg

IMG_1868_edited-2.jpg

Getting rowdy.

IMG_1851_edited-2.jpg

Dude that is so cool!! Love your pics. March is rocking for ya. We had a great time at gunstock for the races despite tough conditions, just missing the dump which we could see from up top looking to the north and west.

My wife just mumbled about making one last run....friends in Lincoln nh. Canon should be rocking. Would love to run to Stowe but it's tough. The kids are off the week prior to Easter so hold the snow for us and maybe some hope ;). That would be a hoot.

Look ahead to next week "there could be monsters"

Ginxy...great pics too and you are in the spot. Keep sending it!

Archived