Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July 2013 Banter

LithiaWx

A note to all my friends in our group.

I lost my Dad this afternoon around 100pm. He has been bed riden in skilled care since an April 2012 failed hip operation that left his back broken in 3 places. He was 86.

It grieves me tremendously but the 3 of us in my family have been blessed tremendously to have had 2 great parents that instilled in us our Christian Faith, a good work ethic and a nuturing childhood to help us be a success in life.

. Sorry for your loss

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lost my Dad this afternoon around 100pm. He has been bed riden in skilled care since an April 2012 failed hip operation that left his back broken in 3 places. He was 86.

It grieves me tremendously but the 3 of us in my family have been blessed tremendously to have had 2 great parents that instilled in us our Christian Faith, a good work ethic and a nuturing childhood to help us be a success in life.

Sure am sorry to hear this. I'm sure you made the most of your time with him, so you'll always be able to treasure those memories. Sorry again for your loss.

Sorry buddy. Keep you our thoughts a prayers

I'm sorry to hear this :(  Love, Light, Thoughts and Prayers 

sorry to hear this :(

:( sorry to hear this

Very sad to hear. Sorry for your loss nchighcountrywx.

ohai, um, please take your weather back...i was way over it in June...k, thanx, bye...

Hi! :wub:

Wait...what? You are not enjoying your gift of a southern summer? Do you not like sipping sweet tea out on the porch while fanning yourself at a high rate of speed as the sweat puddles around you? The smell of deet that is now imprinted in your memory as you try not to be carried off by a swarm few mosquito's every time you walk outside? :P  :lol: 

Wait...what? You are not enjoying your gift of a southern summer? Do you not like sipping sweet tea out on the porch while fanning yourself at a high rate of speed as the sweat puddles around you? The smell of deet that is now imprinted in your memory as you try not to be carried off by a swarm few mosquito's every time you walk outside? :P   :lol:

:lol: Good thing you dont work for the chamber of Commerce for the south

Sorry to hear that man. Thoughts and prayers your way.

Wait...what? You are not enjoying your gift of a southern summer? Do you not like sipping sweet tea out on the porch while fanning yourself at a high rate of speed as the sweat puddles around you? The smell of deet that is now imprinted in your memory as you try not to be carried off by a swarm few mosquito's every time you walk outside? :P   :lol:

forget about DEET...this year the biting insects are beasts...they just don't care about anything and swarm you no matter what cancer causing chemical you douse yourself in...it's miserable! and this relentless humidity is just down right obscene!!! 

Thank you to everyone for the kind words and notes on the loss of my Father. I sincerely appreciate it.

We were blessed with a special day for my Dad's service. Everything was as best as could be expected. His graveside military US Navy honors, taps and his Free Masonary fraternal rites are something I will cherish forever to my Dad's life.

Great is Thy faithfulness!

Great is Thy faithfulness!

Morning by morning new mercies I see.

All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;

Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

forget about DEET...this year the biting insects are beasts...they just don't care about anything and swarm you no matter what cancer causing chemical you douse yourself in...it's miserable! and this relentless humidity is just down right obscene!!! 

This is true...ugh..    :(

post-279-0-84586100-1374794030_thumb.jpg

I found something very interesting today looking at TV Spy and all the other media sites...this could be of interest for any Alabama members of the sub-forum...

Sinclair Broadcast Group has acquired a number of stations that are owned by Allbritton Communications Company including ABC 33-40 in Birmingham Alabama.

http://www.sbgi.net/site_mgr/temp/Allbritton%202_1fhrbvkt.shtml

As we all know that station has always been a leader in the South thanks in large part to James Spann who is a well known Chief Met among the profession. Granted I don't live there or have never been to Birmingham but it seems like Spann has pretty much free reign by the station and management during significant weather events.

The reason I find this interesting is that ABC 33-40 will now be owned by a group of conservatives who don't exactly rank weather as its highest priority when it comes to its news broadcast and production. I know this first hand as my local DMA (Asheville/GSP) has a Sinclair station as one of the Big 4 Affiliates.

Of course Spann has built such a great reputation over the years that it wouldn't be hard for him to land a job at a competing station inside the same market or if he wanted to go the private business route he could do that as well.

I am curious to see plays out in the future...

So, when are we gonna have a premature August observation thread? And what will be the headline: "Wetter, Bigger, and Uncut;" "slouching toward Autumn;" "the Summer that Almost Wasn't;" "Blame it on the Rain;" or "Goodbye Summer, We Hardly Knew You?"

Curious.....are you implying that the July observation thread was started prematurely? Or were you referring to the Wilkesboro dude era?

Archived