• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 2013 Banter

LithiaWx

LOl. Yesterday the 12z GFS gave me nearly two hurricane hits in the next 1-2 weeks. It's not showing that anymore though. Looks like FL may get Chantal if it survives. 5 days isn't off by that much lol. I'm going to go get some gator proof boots in a little. In Florida, I saw a big,long snake and that was the first time I had ever seen a snake.

nice, stfu. Thanks for sharing this with me.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Chantal really is falling apart, that would be great news for the Tony moles trip to Savannah and the beach, which is scheduled to start this weekend if I'm not mistaken. The last thing they'd want would be to be flooded by high tides and heavy rains while they're burrowing into the dunes after eating their ice cream. What a clusterfook that would be on their first ever trip to the beach!

I've just been told that the moles are demanding a triple money back refund guarantee in case Chantal is a bad girl. That will be very easy to honor as three times zero is zero...they forgot that I'm paying all of their expenses anyway lmao!

Tony, the moles wanted me to ask you if you'd take them for clawdicures in preparation for the big trip and their photo-op with the Savannah mayor when he gives them keys to the city.

I've getting my car all spruced up for them. My car got an oil change and general checkup. There is one warning light that needs to be addressed this week (VSR). The last thing I want is to cause the moles to panic. The Amtrak train was lined up last week.

Lol, claw couture.   I'm building one of these for the Moles.  After watching some old Monte Python I've decided that the Confuse a Cat cure might be what the Moles need for winter, and sleet production.  So while they are gone I'm building one of these.   https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4146234873383&set=vb.1809138075&type=2&theater

Actually, the furry guys are a bit excited at the prospect of seeing a land falling hurricane, so don't be surprised if the energy goes up in the formation zones!  T

Actually, the furry guys are a bit excited at the prospect of seeing a land falling hurricane, so don't be surprised if the energy goes up in the formation zones!  T

Tony, I hope the moles have never seen "Soylent Green". I wouldn't want them to get the wrong idea because the featured ice cream flavor of the month at the beach just happens to be this:

post-882-0-32651100-1373479750_thumb.png

Lol, well, I think you'll be ok as long as you don't offer them Tequila or raisins :)  Tequila soaked Moles sounds so good, I think they'd be suspicious if they even saw any Tequila. 

They are not such huge fans of Charlton Heston.  He wasn't in the version they like..... Moleses.   They like the part where Moleses parts the sea by waving his claws about and the heavens roil, and boil and the lighten cracks.  They think that's pretty cool :)  T

Lol, well, I think you'll be ok as long as you don't offer them Tequila or raisins :)  Tequila soaked Moles sounds so good, I think they'd be suspicious if they even saw any Tequila. 

They are not such huge fans of Charlton Heston.  He wasn't in the version they like..... Moleses.   They like the part where Moleses parts the sea by waving his claws about and the heavens roil, and boil and the lighten cracks.  They think that's pretty cool :)  T

Holy Moleses, lol!! Come to think of it, the video rental place at the beach has this version. I plan to check it out and show it to the clawed creatures one evening at the motel while they're relaxing and sipping some 100% agave añejo tequila on the rocks. By the way, you know that I will provide only the very best ice cream and liquor for the moles. None of that low quality standard Jose Cuervo cr*p. More like 1800 or Patron. I'll have both lime and mango based margarita mix in case any mole prefers a mixer.

I had another pleasant walk by the chilly, fog draped Chattahoochee! There were even areas of fog forming away from the river early in the evening.

I'm beginning to fear for my super sleet winter, lol.  You started off with ice cream, but now it's gone to margaritas :)  Even liquored up I don't think you can squeeze a mole into a tequila bottle, so forget replacing the worm, lol.

They'll be ever so glad to see Moleses again.  They've worn out our copy, showing the chariot scene over and over, and over and over.  It apparently makes the female moles "friendly".  I know, I know...but for some reason Moleses includes scenes from all sorts of movies redone MoleStyle.  You have to watch out, getting them liquored up and don't let them get out the swords.  They really like the scene where Molezel Moleington is blind and claws his way around post apocalyptic earth.

We used to fish up along the Hooch off W. Conway where you can park and walk along the river.  It's nice in there, if they still have that.  That was years ago, and probably condo city now, though I think it was a park back then, so maybe the city protected it.   T

I'm beginning to fear for my super sleet winter, lol.  You started off with ice cream, but now it's gone to margaritas :)  Even liquored up I don't think you can squeeze a mole into a tequila bottle, so forget replacing the worm, lol.

They'll be ever so glad to see Moleses again.  They've worn out our copy, showing the chariot scene over and over, and over and over.  It apparently makes the female moles "friendly".  I know, I know...but for some reason Moleses includes scenes from all sorts of movies redone MoleStyle.  You have to watch out, getting them liquored up and don't let them get out the swords.  They really like the scene where Molezel Moleington is blind and claws his way around post apocalyptic earth.

We used to fish up along the Hooch off W. Conway where you can park and walk along the river.  It's nice in there, if they still have that.  That was years ago, and probably condo city now, though I think it was a park back then, so maybe the city protected it.   T

Tony,

Where are the moles right now?

Edit: the moles' whereabouts are unknown. I'm worried they started drinking tequila before their trip and missed their train. Uh oh. :( Tony, did you actually seem them board the train?

If you have a 90% chance of thunderstorms, but it only sprinkles, does that count as a verified forecast? I see there was that 10% chance we wouldn't have storms today.

I have figured out if it will rain or not down here.

0% = Hell no.

10% = Hell no.

20% = More times than not.

30% = Occasionally.

40% = Hell yeah.

50% = Always. If it doesn't rain, you will hear thunder definitely.

60% = Hell yeah.

70% = Hell no!

80% = Kiss of death

90% = See 80%.

100% = Obviously hell yeah. Only time I see them is after it is done raining and during a tropical cyclone.

Was that the one with the two headed shark that walked on land?  I was curious, but was watching King Tut's program about spontaneous mummy combustion, etc.  Have to say, though, a two headed land shark had me intrigued, lol. 

Larry, the limo left with Moles hanging out the windows, and mooning out the sun roof.  I have no idea if they made the station, but they were in rare form.  I hope you are ready for this, if they get there, and if not, maybe you dodged a bullet.  Savannah will never be the same....well, I'm forgetting St. Pat's day...so maybe Sav. will survive.  But will you?  Time will tell.  T

Was that the one with the two headed shark that walked on land?  I was curious, but was watching King Tut's program about spontaneous mummy combustion, etc.  Have to say, though, a two headed land shark had me intrigued, lol. 

Larry, the limo left with Moles hanging out the windows, and mooning out the sun roof.  I have no idea if they made the station, but they were in rare form.  I hope you are ready for this, if they get there, and if not, maybe you dodged a bullet.  Savannah will never be the same....well, I'm forgetting St. Pat's day...so maybe Sav. will survive.  But will you?  Time will tell.  T

Tony,

They still haven't arrived. :( I just hope they're ok since their whereabouts are unknown at this moment.

Best give it some time.  Being Moles, and as sightless as Mammoth Cave fish, they might end up on the west coast, lol.  If they ticked off the limo driver that is, and had to claw a ride.  T

Lol! I guess I need to be patient. Another possibility is that they went to Savannah, TN. I sometimes forget that their eyesight is not exactly acute lol. I just hope it is good enough for them to appreciate the beautiful beach assuming they eventually do arrive. I've alerted the mayor and he has rearranged his schedule. He told me that the moles are welcomed any time and for them to not feel bad about fooking up with their transportation. He knows that mixups are common with moles. He'll keep the 10 keys in a safe place for now.

maybe I dreamed it but thought I saw an ULL going east to west out in the atlantic last week, then last and this week the ULL moving E to W across the nation.  Not sure if that was the same one, or not, but my real question is, is it uncommon for that to happen, and especially this time of year, and if so how uncommon.  Maybe I just haven't noticed it in the past, but just seemed strange to me. 

I can only interpret this to mean that I am going to wind up with 2 feet of snow IMBY this winter ;-)

Larry, I've done some snooping while the weather critters are where ever they are, and I've found some interesting stuff.   They apparently are receiving whale song, for one.  I knew whales are able to send sounds thousands of miles thur the oceans, but had no idea they are penetrating the land masses too.  But the Moles knew.   And also, they have hacked into the Argo array and have all the info on salinity and temps for the upper two thousand feet of the  water columns of the worlds oceans at their disposal along with whatever info the whales provide.  I think they are able to make predictions about weather patterns and begin the Mole Thrum when the patterns are propitious.  I think they knew they couldn't bring on sleet  this past winter, as they knew the conducive patterns wouldn't set up until late winter, and into summer, when the sun's angle would prohibit the necessary cold/wet combination except for those spoiled Carolina folks, lol.  What's odd here is that you knew as early as Dec, so you aren't far behind the moles in weather comprehension.

They showed up prior to the pattern change, and now are established with their elaborate communication/hacking system, so perhaps this winter will be far better than the last two.  Unless, of course, the pattern reverses.  There also seems to be wind pattern data from flying spiders, but I'm only just getting into that.  Keep the little critters there as long  as you can while I sort though this.  I know spiders ride the jet winds, and it maybe they are providing wind pattern info, but it's early days yet.  T

Tony,

The more I learn about the moles, the more fascinated I become. I never had any idea that they were hooked into the whales as well as the Argo array! Holy moley! Keep me informed about the spiders. By the way, the moles are still not yet with me. So, they are still sort of missing. I'm trying my best not to get concerned as we both know they're almost definitely just fine since they like to be mischievous and will show up eventually. The 10 keys to the city have been put back in the safe until they appear in Sav.

maybe I dreamed it but thought I saw an ULL going east to west out in the atlantic last week, then last and this week the ULL moving E to W across the nation.  Not sure if that was the same one, or not, but my real question is, is it uncommon for that to happen, and especially this time of year, and if so how uncommon.  Maybe I just haven't noticed it in the past, but just seemed strange to me. 

I can only interpret this to mean that I am going to wind up with 2 feet of snow IMBY this winter ;-)

My thoughts here are that it's pretty common to see upper level low features moving east to west in the tropics and southern portions of the subtropics...but the recent upper low that tracked from West Virginia to Texas, I'd say that is very rare to see, though not unheard of

My thoughts here are that it's pretty common to see upper level low features moving east to west in the tropics and southern portions of the subtropics...but the recent upper low that tracked from West Virginia to Texas, I'd say that is very rare to see, though not unheard of

The whole flow across North America is odd for July.

The whole flow across North America is odd for July.

I'm hoping for a nice tail wind for my flight from RDU to Houston this morning. I had burritos for dinner last night, so we're off to a good start, at least. :)

Anywho, I hear the weather in Houston is just fantastic this time of year. :whistle:

Ah well.

After landing my new job as a Walmart greeter, a good find for many retirees, I lasted less than a day. Here’s what happened:

About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud, decidedly unattractive, woman walked into the store along with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.

As I had been instructed, I said, pleasantly, "Good morning and welcome to Walmart."
I then said, "Nice children you have there. Are they twins?"

The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, "Don't be ****ing stupid. Of course they aren't twins. The oldest one's 9, and the other one' s 7. Why the hell would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?"

I replied, "I'm neither blind nor stupid, Madam. I just couldn't believe someone fooked you twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Walmart."

My Supervisor said I probably wasn't cut out for this line of work.

Ah well.

After landing my new job as a Walmart greeter, a good find for many retirees, I lasted less than a day. Here’s what happened:

About two hours into my first day on the job a very loud, decidedly unattractive, woman walked into the store along with her two kids, yelling obscenities at them all the way through the entrance.

As I had been instructed, I said, pleasantly, "Good morning and welcome to Walmart."

The ugly woman stopped yelling long enough to say, "Don't be ****ing stupid. Of course they aren't twins. The oldest one's 9, and the other one' s 7. Why the hell would you think they're twins? Are you blind, or just stupid?"

I replied, "I'm neither blind nor stupid, Madam. I just couldn't believe someone fooked you twice. Have a good day and thank you for shopping at Walmart."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ah well.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I might actually be willing to pay a small cover charge to get to watch you be a WallyMart greeter, lol. I'd have to get a good table, though... T

Awesome. Can I join ya at the table!? People watching at WallyWorld is on of my past times... :D

Oh, and I don't know how accurate my forecasts will be the next few days... The British Open is on at 4am. :sun: At least it's summer and I can get away with saying, "Isolated showers and storms possible this afternoon with highs in the upper 80s to low 90s. Back to you." B)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Awesome. Can I join ya at the table!? People watching at WallyWorld is on of my past times... :D

Oh, and I don't know how accurate my forecasts will be the next few days... The British Open is on at 4am. :sun: At least it's summer and I can get away with saying, "Isolated showers and storms possible this afternoon with highs in the upper 80s to low 90s. Back to you." B)

You left out...." upper 80's, to low 90's...wow, did you see that birdy on the 15th?  Man, oh, man....back to you SallySue", lol. 

I've gotten some amazing pics taken at WallyMart that were sent to me.  One of my favs is the rather zaftig  topless woman with the duct tape pasties, lol.  You just couldn't make stuff like that up.  T

Here ya go, CMan!   Robot golf..........    AI for when you can't find a partner.        https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ft2fLuz9mF0

That's cheating! I wish I hit the ball that well yesterday when I played 18... lol! Hey! At least I made two pars. I'll take it. :D

Oh, and here are the temperatures across the nation, for select cities of course, at Noon EDT. Care to find the hottest spot??

post-1807-0-48940300-1374250007_thumb.pn

Archived