• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 2013 Banter

LithiaWx

Hi Tony, just saw report of 2 feet of hail in Santa Rosa,NM and it made me think of you. Could this be something that is even better than a sleet fest?

Man, if you weren't out in it when it fell, I'm betting two feet would be an experience for sure, lol.  Thanks for the heads up.  A new weather phenomenon to hope for, lol.  Any word on the average size?  I sure hope it wasn't baseball hail :)  T

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, David, as I haven't seen you in action, not getting Columbus stations like I did when I was in Pike Co.  all I can go on are your postings here.  You have a good personality, and sure know your stuff, so they'd be foolish to drop you.   The only on air personalities I have problems with are the pure happy talkers, or the ones who send folks out into a major tornado in their cars, lol.  I think you take your job seriously, and with an intelligent, and learned approach, from what I can tell.   Maybe you need to ask for a raise, so they'll be reminded of your importance  :)  You getting hints? Or just naturally paranoid?

Good luck with it, and stay close.  I enjoy your posts. 

You're good on tape, but I can't believe no one told you it's Cow eee  ta, County lol.  I sure hope some one told you it's All biny :) Tony

Thanks, Tony! I take my job seriously and relay what 97% of the people want to hear... Is it going to rain today? If so, when? How hot/cold is it going to be? I can get into the nitty gritty of things, but I can't do that often with 2:30 air time. haha! 

I'm just naturally paranoid. I got a weird feeling about two months ago and my chief, come to find out from our talk Friday, kind of had the same feeling. It's always good to be prepared in his business and have a back-up plan just in case. Just like other things in life. :)

Oh, and I realized that mistake as soon as I said it... haha! Whoops! Oh well. It's outside my viewing area. ;)  

You need to come to the Columbia area   :D

I gave up hope of having a good met around here when Jim Gandy (on the 6:00 news) repeatedly said we should only get an inch of snow. While mby had 4", and it was still pouring snow, with over an inch per hr rates on that wonderful Feb day back in 2010. 

Oh goodness. I'll be the first to say I detest forecasting snow. People freak out over flurries and scold you for not bringing more snow. However, that's just a major no-no. Hopefully he can read the radar better now with Dual Pol. ;):lol: 

Wow, just wow!  I would love to see something like that, any time of year, but the storm that brought it must have been a scary duzy!  I could sled in the dead of summer.  What's not to like??

CMan, if you learn the art of calling for snow, you'll cement a revered place in the hearts of many, many viewers...but even in the deep, deep south, you have to deliver every once in a while, lol....but only every once in a while.  Nail a few big ones and you're in like Flinn.

The 11pm weekend weather lady in Atl that called the blizzard has a place high in my pantheon of  hero's  She wasn't made to play a weather bimbo late night....no push up and tight sweathers...just the facts, which is what I want...and the 6 days before the storm she said look out for a big snow...and she blew my mind, and blew a hole in the door way to weather mysticism that will never close.  I bow down to you mysterious no push up and tight sweater weather lady of yore.

CMan, all you need to do is call a blizzard a week out, on your watch, and you too can live forever in weather lore....but woe betide if it's a fizzle, lol.  It'll be way more impressive calling it for LaGrange/Columbus!  T

Wow, just wow!  I would love to see something like that, any time of year, but the storm that brought it must have been a scary duzy!  I could sled in the dead of summer.  What's not to like??

CMan, if you learn the art of calling for snow, you'll cement a revered place in the hearts of many, many viewers...but even in the deep, deep south, you have to deliver every once in a while, lol....but only every once in a while.  Nail a few big ones and you're in like Flinn.

The 11pm weekend weather lady in Atl that called the blizzard has a place high in my pantheon of  hero's  She wasn't made to play a weather bimbo late night....no push up and tight sweathers...just the facts, which is what I want...and the 6 days before the storm she said look out for a big snow...and she blew my mind, and blew a hole in the door way to weather mysticism that will never close.  I bow down to you mysterious no push up and tight sweater weather lady of yore.

CMan, all you need to do is call a blizzard a week out, on your watch, and you too can live forever in weather lore....but woe betide if it's a fizzle, lol.  It'll be way more impressive calling it for LaGrange/Columbus!  T

HA! I had the Christmas snow of 2010 in my forecast from that Tuesday. I worked Christmas Eve, a Friday, and nailed the start time of the snow in Columbus to within 15 minutes about 24 hours out. It's one of my best forecasts since it dealt with snow in the Deep South. haha!

Some of us, not you obviously, enjoy less ample tude, lol.  I would love seeing your head explode at a biguns wet t shirt contest, however :)  T

You misjudge me sir. My sweet wife is a size 4 petite. No complaints.

Sent from my Alex Bell crank phone using whatever the hell I want to use.

You misjudge me sir. My sweet wife is a size 4 petite. No complaints. Sent from my Alex Bell crank phone using whatever the hell I want to use.

Well played, sir! Obvious diplomatic training showing though.  Was your posting in the Orient, Occident, or the Levant?  T

Well...with crossed fingers, toes and any other body parts that can easily bend, my hometown's Little League team is hoping to play its first District Tournament Game in 30 years today at 2 pm.

This year was the return of Little League to Marion since the 1980's, our local rec league  has either been affiliated with Cal Ripken or Babe Ruth and was honestly ran very poorly here at the local level. So a group formed and made the push to bring back Little League, it's been a success for the most part and the weather has been cooperative for us as well...I just hope we can squeeze in 3 hours worth today.

Well...with crossed fingers, toes and any other body parts that can easily bend, my hometown's Little League team is hoping to play its first District Tournament Game in 30 years today at 2 pm.

This year was the return of Little League to Marion since the 1980's, our local rec league  has either been affiliated with Cal Ripken or Babe Ruth and was honestly ran very poorly here at the local level. So a group formed and made the push to bring back Little League, it's been a success for the most part and the weather has been cooperative for us as well...I just hope we can squeeze in 3 hours worth today.

Well, just got the call. It's a no-go for today. :axe:

I can't believe this my Spring and Summer pattern, I was looking for this moisture all winter. The snow would of been nice and high. All this rain, glad to see all the lakes full and gardens growing. Trying to squeeze in between storms to mow the yard.

Looking forward to August to see what Fall season might be, then onto Winter.

Sorry, MetalMan, I was 5 days off and it was a TS, not a hurricane yet.  It was the pressure, you see, just too much pressure.  At least I got the month right, and the part of the month.  And the part of the ocean.  Anyway, the Moles were all gaga over the beach, and no help at all...I had to predict all on my own.   If I predicted a snow storm for WayCross, and was only 5 days off, you'd be jumping for joy!!  Live with it..., lol. 

Will it hit you?   Can't say yet...but I'd get me some good gator proof boots, were I you.  T

Sorry, MetalMan, I was 5 days off and it was a TS, not a hurricane yet. It was the pressure, you see, just too much pressure. At least I got the month right, and the part of the month. And the part of the ocean. Anyway, the Moles were all gaga over the beach, and no help at all...I had to predict all on my own. If I predicted a snow storm for WayCross, and was only 5 days off, you'd be jumping for joy!! Live with it..., lol.

Will it hit you? Can't say yet...but I'd get me some good gator proof boots, were I you. T

LOl. Yesterday the 12z GFS gave me nearly two hurricane hits in the next 1-2 weeks. It's not showing that anymore though. Looks like FL may get Chantal if it survives. 5 days isn't off by that much lol. I'm going to go get some gator proof boots in a little. In Florida, I saw a big,long snake and that was the first time I had ever seen a snake.

LOl. Yesterday the 12z GFS gave me nearly two hurricane hits in the next 1-2 weeks. It's not showing that anymore though. Looks like FL may get Chantal if it survives. 5 days isn't off by that much lol. I'm going to go get some gator proof boots in a little. In Florida, I saw a big,long snake and that was the first time I had ever seen a snake.

. What kind of snake was it? What colors?

Oh, come on, MetalBoy.  You've never seen a snake?  Even there in Waycross, the snake capitol of the world??  You have every poisonous snake in the US right in your back yard.  Man, do you ever need to leave that basement.  Go out and hunt you up a coral snake.  They are so pretty.  Just remember red, black, yellow..nice to a fellow, lol.  When you pick him up, don't let him chew on you too long.  It takes a while for them to get the fangs in, but when they do, it's not a nice trip :)  T

Oh, come on, MetalBoy.  You've never seen a snake?  Even there in Waycross, the snake capitol of the world??  You have every poisonous snake in the US right in your back yard.  Man, do you ever need to leave that basement.  Go out and hunt you up a coral snake.  They are so pretty.  Just remember red, black, yellow..nice to a fellow, lol.  When you pick him up, don't let him chew on you too long.  It takes a while for them to get the fangs in, but when they do, it's not a nice trip :)  T

:lol:

:lol:  

Oh, come on, MetalBoy. You've never seen a snake? Even there in Waycross, the snake capitol of the world?? You have every poisonous snake in the US right in your back yard. Man, do you ever need to leave that basement. Go out and hunt you up a coral snake. They are so pretty. Just remember red, black, yellow..nice to a fellow, lol. When you pick him up, don't let him chew on you too long. It takes a while for them to get the fangs in, but when they do, it's not a nice trip :) T

:lmao: :lmao:

Archived