Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 2013 Banter

LithiaWx

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave, do you ever get the hankering to rent a barn out on the beach, and build a glider to launch off those hills?  When I was a kid I had a book on flight, and there was a picture of a glider that was so simple I was sure I could build it.  I didn't have aviation cloth,  or airplane dope, or tubular framing since it was the 50's and I was a kid, so I built it out of 2 x 4's and an old sheet, and I couldn't pick it up, much less drag it to the drive, which was the only hill around....but the dream never died, of gliding 10 feet off the ground down the street.  The closest I can get is to fly down steep hills on my sled in the sleet out on the highway, lol.  I'd love to build a gossimer Condor, but I can't peddle that fast anymore :)   And no way I'm jumping off a mountain with a hang glider.  I just want to float about Kill Devil Hills about 10 feet up, lol.   T

Bevo, Shaun is in rotation on Hbo, and I was reminded once again how good Zombies could be to service industries at the end, lol.  There is a lot to like in that movie.  Now if I can just see them blow up that idyllic country town trying to win the  village of the year award, lol.  T

10 days until I temporarily join the SE crew. Flying in to JAX and then spending 10'days with the parents in South GA with a side trip to PCB. Hopefully Panama City hasn't floated out to sea by the time I get there.

Where in South GA? Waycross, Alma, Pearson, Fargo, Blackshear, Folkston, Albany, Sylvester, Broxton, Homerville, Waycross?

Where in South GA? Waycross, Alma, Pearson, Fargo, Blackshear, Folkston, Albany, Sylvester, Broxton, Homerville, Waycross?

Thomasville. I'm from Camilla originally. Speaking of Waycross, I've played golf at the State Park golf course just south of town. Very nice and reasonably priced.

Were I you, I'd leave as soon as I arrived and head to Apalachicola Bay for  raw oysters.  Mmmm, good.  The best.  Nothing beats raw oysters and a thick t bone sitting by the sea, sipping suds.  Bring your own knife, and buy 'em by the bushel.  Shucking and drinking with the steaks cooking, and your lady doing a slow dance around the fire to some Allmans, Tucker, and Skynyrd, lol.  Heady times :) T

Were I you, I'd leave as soon as I arrived and head to Apalachicola Bay for raw oysters. Mmmm, good. The best. Nothing beats raw oysters and a thick t bone sitting by the sea, sipping suds. Bring your own knife, and buy 'em by the bushel. Shucking and drinking with the steaks cooking, and your lady doing a slow dance around the fire to some Allmans, Tucker, and Skynyrd, lol. Heady times :) T

Oysters are disgusting. Never eating them again.

Oysters are disgusting. Never eating them again.

You must have left off the drinking and dancing lady :)  And you definitely didn't have Apalachicola Bay oysters.  Probably ate some of those yankee oysters up in ChiTown :)  Right out of the Lakes.  I think those are Zebra mussels.  T

Were I you, I'd leave as soon as I arrived and head to Apalachicola Bay for raw oysters. Mmmm, good. The best. Nothing beats raw oysters and a thick t bone sitting by the sea, sipping suds. Bring your own knife, and buy 'em by the bushel. Shucking and drinking with the steaks cooking, and your lady doing a slow dance around the fire to some Allmans, Tucker, and Skynyrd, lol. Heady times :) T

All that sounds great, except for the oysters part. I've never been a seafood fan. My mom and dad love seafood and even though neither my wife nor I like it, our 9 year old son loves it. I'm sure we'll stop in Apalachicola to pick up some fresh shrimp and oysters on the way home from Panama City. As for the lady, unfortunately, my wife isn't able to make this trip. I'm down for the tunes, beer and steaks though!

Bevo, Shaun is in rotation on Hbo, and I was reminded once again how good Zombies could be to service industries at the end, lol.  There is a lot to like in that movie.  Now if I can just see them blow up that idyllic country town trying to win the  village of the year award, lol.  T

I'm focused solely on the final leg of his blood and ice cream trilogy due in cinemas in August. The World's End could be the best of them.

I'm sitting at Subway and a father and his son walk in. The dad orders a sandwich. The kid already has ice cream from next door. Here's a snippet of their convo before they left: Kid: "Can ice cream be called lunch?" Dad: "Yes, it can since that's what you wanted. Just don't tell mom." Haha! Awesome dad right there.

I went there when I was up in NC a month ago. Waycross will never have anything like that.

. It's tough out there in the boonies to get good fast food joints! I have a sister that lives in the big metropolis of Roxboro, NC. They just got an Arby's like 3 years ago, they were lined up 30 cars down the road for like a month to get Arby's

. It's tough out there in the boonies to get good fast food joints! I have a sister that lives in the big metropolis of Roxboro, NC. They just got an Arby's like 3 years ago, they were lined up 30 cars down the road for like a month to get Arby's

Bo Rounds are awesome....so is a double ham biscuit. I used to work at Arby's back in the day. I always had some curly fries and a roast beef sandwich laying around somewhere...eating in the clock. It was (is) so good. :)

A note to all my friends in our group.

I lost my Dad this afternoon around 100pm. He has been bed riden in skilled care since an April 2012 failed hip operation that left his back broken in 3 places. He was 86.

It grieves me tremendously but the 3 of us in my family have been blessed tremendously to have had 2 great parents that instilled in us our Christian Faith, a good work ethic and a nuturing childhood to help us be a success in life.

Archived