Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 2013 Banter

LithiaWx

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavy rains forecasted for this week could seriously damage crops already weakened by unusually cool and wet conditions.

Frequent rains and cooler than normal temperatures have delayed planting, growing and harvesting schedules by up to three weeks. Some fields have been unable to be planted or harvested. Some plants have already drowned in the wet soil, and waterborne disease has hit others.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/07/01/4141720/heavy-rains-further-threaten-damaged.html

It's gonna split or weaken. Wow the areas to the NE of you are getting nailed.

You were right!  It didn't start to rain here until sunset....after the little .3 burst about 1pm.  T

I wonder why no one likes for Burns to start an event prompted thread?  He brought me good luck with rain last year, but since it seems they keep kicking him to the curb, lol.  Hey, Burns, I like your threads...but then I've always been pretty much a freak :)  T

You were right! It didn't start to rain here until sunset....after the little .3 burst about 1pm. T

I won't why no one likes for Burns to start an event prompted thread? He brought me good luck with rain last year, but since it seems they keep kicking him to the curb, lol. Hey, Burns, I like your threads...but then I've always been pretty much a freak :) T

Yeah we should have kept his thread. He created the tropical thread, and the SE was the first to receive a tropical storm. It looks like a big slug of rain is headed your way.

Which way to go to Asheville tomorrow if you had to choose from I 81?

I 81 to I 26 or I 77 to I 40?

I 81 to I 26 will bring you over the high peaks of Madison County, NC and is the most scenic route and will most likely have less traffic. I am not sure weather wise which is the best route tomorrow seeing as how this event has been isolated, but I do know Madison Co. is having a lot of flooding tonight so thats something to consider. Not sure if that will effect you on the interstate though! Hope that helps and have a safe trip!

I 81 to I 26 will bring you over the high peaks of Madison County, NC and is the most scenic route and will most likely have less traffic. I am not sure weather wise which is the best route tomorrow seeing as how this event has been isolated, but I do know Madison Co. is having a lot of flooding tonight so thats something to consider. Not sure if that will effect you on the interstate though! Hope that helps and have a safe trip!

Thanks!! Yeah I love the I 26 route as it is scenic big time. But with the widespread rains tonight and tomorrow Im thinking it would be pretty foggy through the mtns from Unicoi to Mars Hills stretch. I rather just deal with the one mountain at Old Fort On I 40. Maybe Take I 26 home on Sunday.

Thanks!! Yeah I love the I 26 route as it is scenic big time. But with the widespread rains tonight and tomorrow Im thinking it would be pretty foggy through the mtns from Unicoi to Mars Hills stretch. I rather just deal with the one mountain at Old Fort On I 40. Maybe Take I 26 home on Sunday.

Worst fog I ever saw was heading into Ashville.  Be careful out there, Dave!!  Tony

Which way to go to Asheville tomorrow if you had to choose from I 81?

I 81 to I 26 or I 77 to I 40?

Well if the radar is right, it looks like it will be drier via I 81 to I 26, so off we go shortly.  any wx Gods here push all rain west to Nashville, TN and alabama pleaseeeee thx :)

73.7 on July 4th after noon.  If this is the Twilight Zone, I dig it!!!  May every 4th from now on be as freaky.  Today, right now, I'm not yearning for winter..... imagine that.   Last night I had to get up and turn off the fan.  Comfortable under two sheets and a blanket.   This may be what paradise is like.  T

Hey guys & gals! I'm about to start shopping around for a new gig, just in case this place doesn't renew me... What do ya'll think since I know everyone here is critical of weather(wo)men! ;)

http://www.wrbl.com/story/22759698/rainy-independence-day

PS: YES... I know... There's a glaring mistake :axe:, but it happens to the best of us.

Hey guys & gals! I'm about to start shopping around for a new gig, just in case this place doesn't renew me... What do ya'll think since I know everyone here is critical of weather(wo)men! ;)

PS: YES... I know... There's a glaring mistake :axe:, but it happens to the best of us.

Well, David, as I haven't seen you in action, not getting Columbus stations like I did when I was in Pike Co.  all I can go on are your postings here.  You have a good personality, and sure know your stuff, so they'd be foolish to drop you.   The only on air personalities I have problems with are the pure happy talkers, or the ones who send folks out into a major tornado in their cars, lol.  I think you take your job seriously, and with an intelligent, and learned approach, from what I can tell.   Maybe you need to ask for a raise, so they'll be reminded of your importance  :)  You getting hints? Or just naturally paranoid?

Good luck with it, and stay close.  I enjoy your posts. 

You're good on tape, but I can't believe no one told you it's Cow eee  ta, County lol.  I sure hope some one told you it's All biny :) Tony

St. Augustine has a great St. park...or did years ago.  I guess I could be an industrial waste dump by now.  I'm sure glad you got out of the basement for a whlie.  Maybe you can see some weather!!  T

St. Augustine is awesome :D  

You need to come to the Columbia area  :D  

I gave up hope of having a good met around here when Jim Gandy (on the 6:00 news) repeatedly said we should only get an inch of snow. While mby had 4", and it was still pouring snow, with over an inch per hr rates on that wonderful Feb day back in 2010. 

Archived