• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
We appear to near the threshold into a new pattern - good opportunity to start a new forecast/banter

Typhoon Tip

ptb was someone else I believe...lived in PA I think. Maybe you knew that and just meant that he was the warm troller like LL.

Yeah he was the PA guy...just meant that reading all his posts are like the same deal. It is amazing though how many of us were around back then, doing the same stuff, spending hours talking about mundane weather stuff. The community doesn't seem as tight though, but that was back before sub-forums and I can see why we got away from that. It's a train wreck trying to go post to post...like New England rain obs next to a thread about a volcanic eruption in South America next to a thread about a heat burst in Colorado, etc.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New GFS seems warmer overall and in fantasyland developing big heat.

18z GFS never gets us on the west side of that trough, and in fact, retrogrades it like the previous Euro run did.  It sets up a Bahama Blue pattern with deep layer southerly flow transporting white towers amid deep blue from the SW Atlantic Basin.  It would be a good time for a hurricane to pop up - haha

in your heart of hearts what do you think is my preference?

Whatever gets under people's skin the most. I can see you truly loving chilly summer weather.

No one really cares for high dew and sultry weather unless they live near a beach or spend a lot of time on boats, in lakes, or on the water. You spend your time fertilizing, attending dance recitals and girls soccer games, picking up twigs, and posting on a message board. None of that is really more fun in 78F dew weather.

Whatever gets under people's skin the most. I can see you truly loving chilly summer weather.

No one really cares for high dew and sultry weather unless they live near a beach or spend a lot of time on boats, in lakes, or on the water. You spend your time fertilizing, attending dance recitals and girls soccer games, picking up twigs, and posting on a message board. None of that is really more fun in 78F dew weather.

What does your boss Brad prefer?

I swear on my kids I do not like chilly wx in the summer. When I say I want seasons in seasons that is the Gods honest truth

I get that. I used to love the hot and humid weather, but I find myself disliking it more and more. It's fine at the beach or pool.

No one really cares for high dew and sultry weather unless they live near a beach or spend a lot of time on boats, in lakes, or on the water. You spend your time fertilizing, attending dance recitals and girls soccer games, picking up twigs, and posting on a message board. None of that is really more fun in 78F dew weather.

lol

No one really cares for high dew and sultry weather unless they live near a beach or spend a lot of time on boats, in lakes, or on the water. You spend your time fertilizing, attending dance recitals and girls soccer games, picking up twigs, and posting on a message board. None of that is really more fun in 78F dew weather.

:lmao:

in your heart of hearts what do you think is my preference?

spot on! Post of the year there.

that was one of ryan's all time best posts. But i think the rev truly wants heat and humidity and the higher the dews the better and the higher the temps the better. I do wonder if he could stomach a full summer in a place like houston texas or even South florida.

If only we could station Kev in Key West with no A/C for 3 months i bet it would take a while for the sicko to route on heat and humidity again

I swear on my kids I do not like chilly wx in the summer. When I say I want seasons in seasons that is the Gods honest truth

Do you really though?  You seem to want the seasonal extremes, like cold & snow, or hot & humid.  In the spring and fall you tend to rush the seasons...like wanting snow in October or high heat in April.

I understand the high heat and dews as more of a love of extreme weather (as well as a trolling tactic, because really, who cares if the dew is 58F vs. 62).  Its at least semi-interesting to have high heat rather than weeks and weeks of 75-82F.   Those temps are not cold by any stretch of the imagination, but its just not something worth hyping or really discussing except saying, yep, its nice outside.   Most people look forward to summer not because of 105 heat indices, but just because its nice weather most of the time to be outside.  Summer performing like summer just means sunny, nice weather.  Fall performing like fall, or spring performing like spring, doesn't mean damaging snowstorms or 90F heat.  

You want exciting weather that discomforts the average person...something worth talking about or hyping a bit.  Not just weeks of sunny 82/55 weather that the average person would consider damn near ideal weather.

that was one of ryan's all time best posts. But i think the rev truly wants heat and humidity and the higher the dews the better and the higher the temps the better. I do wonder if he could stomach a full summer in a place like houston texas or even South florida.

The higher the wind speeds the better, the stronger the storms the better, the colder the weather the better (in winter), the more snow the better, the more hurricanes the better, the more flooding the better, and in summer the higher the heat indices the better.

The more exciting and extreme the weather, the better.  And I can appreciate and respect that.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Do you really though?  You seem to want the seasonal extremes, like cold & snow, or hot & humid.  In the spring and fall you tend to rush the seasons...like wanting snow in October or high heat in April.

I understand the high heat and dews as more of a love of extreme weather (as well as a trolling tactic, because really, who cares if the dew is 58F vs. 62).  Its at least semi-interesting to have high heat rather than weeks and weeks of 75-82F.   Those temps are not cold by any stretch of the imagination, but its just not something worth hyping or really discussing except saying, yep, its nice outside.   Most people look forward to summer not because of 105 heat indices, but just because its nice weather most of the time to be outside.  Summer performing like summer just means sunny, nice weather.  Fall performing like fall, or spring performing like spring, doesn't mean damaging snowstorms or 90F heat.  

You want exciting weather that discomforts the average person...something worth talking about or hyping a bit.  Not just weeks of sunny 82/55 weather that the average person would consider damn near ideal weather.

You seem to have a fascination with me. You spend hours and hours going thru old Eastern posts, and trying to psycho analyze me in others. It's all good, but man get out and enjoy life

Archived