CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
June 21-27 Severe Weather

Chicago Storm

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, is the SPC on a coffee break or something? SE Michigan's first legit area wide severe event this year will apparently with nary a comment from them.

We've had two other big events this year without a watch, one of them didn't even get an MCD. Very weird.

We've had two other big events this year without a watch, one of them didn't even get an MCD. Very weird.

This one covered nearly the entire CWA in some way though. I can understand not writing a discussion for every bit of popcorn that pops up, but this has been a multi-hour event.

Wow, those pictures are crazy Aurora and hm8! I've seen street flooding, but I've never seen so many cars trying to drive through a flooded roadway like that pic from White Lake.

T-storm cell quickly approaching from the NW. Won't be a flash flood producer though - by the looks of it.

Wow, those pictures are crazy Aurora and hm8! I've seen street flooding, but I've never seen so many cars trying to drive through a flooded roadway like that pic from White Lake.

As aurora said they were unprepared, I know I am shocked by some of these

Cell heading towards ORD and then maybe Alek's area.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNINGILC031-043-272245-/O.NEW.KLOT.SV.W.0087.130627T2210Z-130627T2245Z/BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTEDSEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNINGNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL510 PM CDT THU JUN 27 2013THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHICAGO HAS ISSUED A* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...  NORTHWESTERN COOK COUNTY IN NORTHEAST ILLINOIS...  NORTHERN DUPAGE COUNTY IN NORTHEAST ILLINOIS...* UNTIL 545 PM CDT* AT 507 PM CDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WAS LOCATED NEAR EAST  DUNDEE AND MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 30 MPH.  HAZARD...QUARTER SIZE HAIL AND 60 MPH WIND GUSTS.  SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED.  IMPACT...HAIL DAMAGE TO VEHICLES IS EXPECTED. EXPECT WIND DAMAGE TO           ROOFS...SIDING AND TREES.* THE SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WILL AFFECT...  HOFFMAN ESTATES AND INVERNESS AROUND 515 PM CDT.  SCHAUMBURG AND PALATINE AROUND 520 PM CDT.  ROLLING MEADOWS AND MEDINAH AROUND 525 PM CDT.  ELK GROVE VILLAGE AND ITASCA AROUND 530 PM CDT.  BENSENVILLE AND DES PLAINES AROUND 535 PM CDT.  OHARE AIRPORT AROUND 540 PM CDT.I-290 BETWEEN MILE MARKERS 1 AND 12.
Cell that approached my area fell apart as it got into more stable air. Just a couple sprinkles and thunder here.

Pretty good cell moving into the city.

382515_10151485744022073_1193458032_n.pn

That's the corner of Hill and Division in Ann Arbor. I rented an apt near that corner when I was in college. I'm sure it flooded a few inches. I remember in my lease signing a waiver because it had flooded one time in the past.

Archived