• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Severe Weather Threat 6/17 & 6/18

weatherwiz

There's a lot of stuff going on.  You have the actual front. A south coast seabreeze. an east coast seabreeze. Cloudiness in some areas.

A rectangle area from Waterbury-Plainfield-Providence-Taunton and up to Framingham-Worcester-Northhampton and back down to Waterbury has the best daytime heating, shear, convergence.

Kevin to Steve G to Bob have the best outside chance at severe. I think the mass pike area specifically between ORH and Boston has the most flooding potential.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a lot of stuff going on.  You have the actual front. A south coast seabreeze. an east coast seabreeze. Cloudiness in some areas.

A rectangle area from Waterbury-Plainfield-Providence-Taunton and up to Framingham-Worcester-Northhampton and back down to Waterbury has the best daytime heating, shear, convergence.

Kevin to Steve G to Bob have the best outside chance at severe. I think the mass pike area specifically between ORH and Boston has the most flooding potential.

So, flooding threat not so much south of the MA line??   

It certainly doesn't hurt that this area is also seeing a pretty good amount of sunshine right now to heat things up:

vis0.gif

So, flooding threat not so much south of the MA line??   

Oh, theres definitely a threat. I was just outlining areas that I was making a guess at. If your anywhere SE of the heavy showers, they are slow movers.

if you look at the thin milky cloud deck moving NW, I bet the showers intensify when they meet.

i don't know. i was just asking. i didn't see any unofficial gust reports or hail reports. that's what i was asking. 

No I know, I often wondered how they judge wind reports from non official stations. I saw IJD gusted to 44 , I was about 3 miles SE and at the field it was much higher. I have been down there in 40-45 mph gusts and this was above that in our particular area. Trees bent over to the ground and some snapped, a big size portopotty was sent flying. I would rate it as severe but would love to see if any home station caught it. I know Portsmouth had one yesterday.

As weak as the stuff along the Rt. 2 corridor is, the radar presentation definitely suggests vigorous dynamics.  If they can hold for a couple hours while the warm front sharpens we might have something.

That line formed S of Greenfield despite how the radar looked.  I could see the sky getting dark further down the valley but already brightening over my house with only a faint rumble. 

Archived