northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Severe Weather Threat 6/17 & 6/18

weatherwiz

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah models show a piece of energy moving northward from the mid-Atlantic during the afternoon hours.  Certainly something interesting to watch as that could be a focal point for enhanced lift.  

Something else to really watch for today are backed winds and increased helicity.

August 2012 MCV-style?

Pretty nasty line there for nrn CT/srn Mass at about 3 PM. Sort of falls apart thereafter..wonder if it will actually strengthen when it approaches the seabreeze front like Paul said.

It will be interesting to see where this combination occurs b/c that will really determine how far east this threat goes...b/c once the line and seabreeze front intersect, the line will reach maturity and begin to slowly fade and then once it really gets into the more stable fall apart 

outside of the cell in PSM...did any of the lines that came through yesterday verify as severe? i know there were damage reports but i didn't see any actual wind or hail reports. 

I don't think so. Although not here locally, Dorchester and a few other places had 0.75" hail...but not severe under the new standards. Severe for "SNE" standards though.

HRRR and WRF somewhat similar. I'm pretty sure those clouds west of the berks that are blooming are the beginnings of our rain that will slide ese.

I think biggest concern is rain. WRF fwiw really puts down some heavy rain between newton and orh. Same areas that got inundated yesterday face the same today.

Im hoping the storms can clear my area before 6:00 tonight. Some of the 6z runs had that happening, but its prob wishful thinking. That storm developing to our south is really halting the south push to the front

HRRR has rain continuing well into the evening for all of CT

Archived