• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 10-14 Severe/Flooding Wx - Obs, Radar, Warnings, Dmg. rpts

wxmeddler

Rose Hill/ H20's house rotation getting tighter although still weak in velocity of rotation.

RIP Waterboy :(

Was told about some thunder and power flicker upon getting home a min or two ago. All I can say is that the flood warnings are legit as it just dumped a ton of water and storm drains are having a hard time keeping up.

Thunder again just now

Might die later tho so there is still hope

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only thing better than a 2p downpour is one that lasts till 315p. :-/

so much for this first batch not being the batch since there are embedded rotation areas in it.

I saw whirlpools near some storm drains. can radar pick those up?

Cell phones here in the office have been going off with warnings all over the place and people are panicing and leaving early.  All I can say is I am NOT looking foward to the commute south on I-95 especially since it is my evening to drive the commuter van south  :flood:

Firs TOR:

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
324 PM EDT MON JUN 10 2013

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
  CENTRAL HARFORD COUNTY IN NORTHERN MARYLAND...
  EASTERN BALTIMORE COUNTY IN NORTHERN MARYLAND...

* UNTIL 400 PM EDT

* AT 319 PM EDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A
  TORNADO WAS NEAR KINGSVILLE...OR 6 MILES NORTHEAST OF WOODRING...
  AND WAS MOVING NORTHEAST AT 25 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
  FALLSTON...
  PLEASANT HILLS...
  BEL AIR...

Let's see how fast we can get another line to develop. Right now it doesn't look like much to the immediate west.

i doubt we'll get much notable forming behind this batch but maybe im wrong.

Clipped paste from the other thread: 2.26" from the training boomers last night in Clarksburg. First batch was an absolute downpour for 25 minutes. Another 0.21" so far this morning with two brief but vigorous rainers. 0.73" in 22 minutes from the 2pm cloudburst for an 18 hour total of 3.20". Curb-high rivers in the streets, when the downpours happen, ground must be fully saturated.

There is a good 6-7 hours left on the Watch, so I would doubt removing the threat this early on.

True. There is some stuff building over the high terrain. My thought there is more history based than present conditions which still look OK. We'll see how it plays I guess.

my guess is the next batch will want to favor central VA since that area has been recouping the longest.  i may just be dumb tho as parameters still look pretty good.

Looks to be the end of the action.  Line in the mountains is fragmented at best.  More of a flood threat now.  If you recall last June 1st, we had the tornadoes with the warm front moving through, then the sun, followed by the little cold front that couldn't.  

there was at least one tor with the front near/northeast of greenbelt.. think it was unwarned tho.

Archived