joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 'oh, who cares' 1st half of May boring ass pattern banter thread

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting...sky condition has improved over what the satellite would suggest... Warm sun.  It's humid here too.  The warm boundary looks to have finally cleared NE Ma -- it is amazing how resistant the cold air was once that BD wedged in...   

Euro continues 90 + in the extended. Full summer almost upon us

Well I'll be ... .  Kevin is actually NOT exaggerating...   

There's definitely a bright and shimmering signal in the operational runs, and a few of the various ensembles, that once the eastern trough amplitude roles out, there will be a Rosby repositioning and an emerging subtropical ridge. There is even some suggestion in both the operational Euro and GFS, for a Sonoran release -- though they differ on timing; it may be more that the pattern favors one to take place, more than them having one actually to deal with.   Anyway, the 00z operational Euro has a D9, 22C warm lobe rolling through.   95-100

reminds me of the Jun 08 (I think) early torch..turned out to be the hottest week of the whole summer....

I thought of that too.   I actually posted about that hot week 3 weeks in advance with a ton of index support.  This time is different though with the overall mass fields.  

6 per hour with shingle shaking gusts for the fooking win

That broke the worst stretch of winter that I've ever experienced. That storm was like having Carmen Electra in her prime, walk up to me and just say "ravage me." I mean what a way to break the spell.

That broke the worst stretch of winter that I've ever experienced. That storm was like having Carmen Electra in her prime, walk up to me and just say "ravage me." I mean what a way to break the spell.

The period between 2-5am is still the worst blizzard conditions I've ever seen IMBY. Beat out Jan '05 and probably the height of Dec '92...Dec '92 was probably too pasty during the highest winds.

The period between 2-5am is still the worst blizzard conditions I've ever seen IMBY. Beat out Jan '05 and probably the height of Dec '92...Dec '92 was probably too pasty during the highest winds.

Yeah I came across your posts on that and we also spoke about that on the phone. Mine was more in the evening with TSSN...but the whole night really was a sh*tshow. Just an incredible storm. I loved those convective elements flying NW from the Cape....only to be smoothed out and converted to S+ once the frontogenesis took over further northwest.

I like how Ray b*tched his way to high end KU amounts.

Yeah, the funny part is I think I even said earlier he would b**tch his way to 2 feet plus....he ended up with 27 inches, lol. I kept telling him on the phone that night not to give up on the stinger.deformation collapsing east...that it was valid this time. He usually says how that never works out, but in storms like that it does.

Archived