Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The 'oh, who cares' 1st half of May boring ass pattern banter thread

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Logan back around to NE...that was short lived.  But ... credit to the NAM for seeing SWerlies during the morning at least.    

My wind appears to have back also into the E or even ENE here in Ayer.  We've been getting sky-light sun splashes for that past hour and a half, and the temp went to 71, but it feels like it's cooled back a few since the wind turned back around.   

There's just not enough deep layer push to really get the warm front back through the area.   I'm still thinking, however, that the convection has some hybrid warm frontal characteristic and may finally scour out.  

Watch tomorrow pop to 86/70, ...if for no other reason, just make the MOS busting complete

Deep deep sun and warm sector here

AFTERNOON..com/user/TollandKev/media/image-1_zpsfd504836.jpg.html][/url]

The boundary is amorphous ...you are not truly in the deep layer warmth yet.  You're in the neutral zone. 

Scott, we knew yesterday ...that BD incursion turned out to be under-modeled; too aggressive, too dense, too heavy to turn things around given the amount of counter-balancing forcing for warm frontal movement.  Just overwhelmed it, and still its on going as the easterlies are fighting back.   

I'm wondering, however, if it doesn't get as far inland this time. 

The boundary is amorphous ...you are not truly in the deep layer warmth yet.  You're in the neutral zone. 

Scott, we knew yesterday ...that BD incursion turned out to be under-modeled; too aggressive, too dense, too heavy to turn things around given the amount of counter-balancing forcing for warm frontal movement.  Just overwhelmed it, and still its on going as the easterlies are fighting back.   

With the low approaching from the west tonight...no way those east winds get far. Tomorrow will be juicy.

The boundary is amorphous ...you are not truly in the deep layer warmth yet. You're in the neutral zone.

Scott, we knew yesterday ...that BD incursion turned out to be under-modeled; too aggressive, too dense, too heavy to turn things around given the amount of counter-balancing forcing for warm frontal movement. Just overwhelmed it, and still its on going as the easterlies are fighting back.

Its warm , it's sunny, it's humid . As far as I'm concerned I'm in the warm sector. Fook this weekend

Its warm , it's sunny, it's humid . As far as I'm concerned I'm in the warm sector. Fook this weekend

Ha haaa....  I'm just busted balls...but technically...heh.  

Re the weekend -- I seriously hope that happens.  Oh pleazy weazy with a cherry on top, make that happen.  Lord....  please, I pray....  

What's awesome there is that by the end of next week there are some precursors in the large scale circulation that suggest bona fide 90+ torridity is in the cards.   I love anarchy in the skies!

challenging forecast next week. wondering if we see boundary slide south of us and force cool/damp low level marine layer into SNE for some period of time later tue-thur

Yeah it may be quite the airmass change going from Tuesday to Wednesday or so.

one of those stretches where the difference in sensible weather could be huge either across SNE or just in general for the region. anecdotally it seems like everything has verified stronger/colder to our north - complete opposite of the last few springs it feels like - so i hesitate to go against that boundary sagging south and flipping the LL flow to the east

yeah. perhaps this week it's the more typical marine influence that holds temps in check. 

it's all in the lowest levels though so i just don't know (the week ahead). euro definitely runs that little wave along and drives the front S...but the 850s never really respond so it's all like the bottom couple thousand feet. could be a disaster if it locks in like that. but conversely if you break out into sun, it's so shallow, you could be OK. guess it's only saturday so things will change.

Looking forward to a nice summery week that BOX is forecasting . Hope they're right

LOL from Saturday. have to bump this. 

Weird day down here. Started out warm...then back door came through with sheet drizzle and cloudy sky's. Now filtered sunshine and humid here. Great forecasting by scooter and Phil

LOL, did not think NYC would bust like that. This certainly surprised me. Didn't like it up here..but even NYC got backdoored almost all day.

Starting to think we're about done for highs for today, actually... 

If you loop this image, you can see that a meso cool pool has been created by that convection activity, and is moving straight in this direction... The real warmth is way back in PA still...   Also an interesting feature, you can see that the backdoor air mass has formulated into a meso-beta scale anticyclone, and spins clockwise on the lower Jersey area. 

NY.vis.gif

Archived