• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The lions end to March banter and discussion

Ginx snewx

Man what an unreal second half of March... after last night's 3-7 inch upslope event, the NWS just issued a Winter Weather Advisory for another 3-6" tonight with locally up to 10" Stowe-Jay Peak corridor. The Lion continues to roar on the way out here.

It's great, Mid April spring skiing will be off the hook.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5-10 on the NAM 4-6 on the Euro ENS, not sure why everyone is so Debbie on a south of Pike special.

If we can get thru this run without losing euro ens and gfs support that would be good. .5 line as looks now will be around the south coast but realistically if the system evolves to "generate" that type of moisture that far north it'll end up being a great hit on the northern edge.

You had a great winter week.

This march is tie similar to the ones I grew up with in the 50s/early 60s.

reminded me very much of my youth. What impressed me most was the trip home and how the entire ride the snowpack had that midwinter look. I am looking at places in West Bethel with my bros, looking to score a small house for retirement vacations. I met a slew of 65+ people this week who were just ripping it up. One guy was 73 and just started skiing 10 years earlier.

Just came back from breakfast at Davenports Maple farm up in Sherburne/MPM's neighborhood and it was full on winter with moderate squalls and temps in the upper 20's.

Did you drive by on  your way?  You shoulda swung by!  I have yet to get out there this season.  All our trees are tapped but while we're certianly getting the cold nights, I'm not sure how the cold days are hurting the sap flow.

Conversation I heard in the bank today:

1st person:  "Looks like we will be getting rain Monday"

2nd person: "At least it's not snow.  But they (mets) aren't sure how much or if we will get any at all"

1st person: "They (mets) never get it right anyway."

2nd person: [laughter]"Yup.  The only thing they got right this year was the blizzard, and even I saw that one coming".

interaction out west would have been great if we didn't have the woodchipper over us.  Let's see how it shakes beyond 30, but quite a change for the GFS even at 30 hrs.

Agree about the change. That's pretty big from 06z run to this run, but not sure it means much yet.

Archived