• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March 18-21 winter weather window

Ji

Sun angle this, sun angle that. EVERY WINTER. We get it. HOWEVER, April 1 1997 10 miles N of Philly I managed to somehow miraculously get close to a foot of snow. Yeah, if you're looking for a moderate long duration snow event from Mid-Late March you're knocking up the wrong tree. That being said, you can still get good snow events in March, but you need a large event with heavy rates. With AO tanking and MJO going into 8, there could be a chance for a Miller A/B phase job ya never know. You have to be absolutely stupid to get your hopes up for any kind of snowstorm, but there's nothing wrong with analyzing the prospects and observing the pattern. There's a reason why weather boards die during the spring & summer. 

who the hell cares what you got near philly?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recon flights will be scheduled soon

NOUS42 KNHC 081604

REPRPD

WEATHER RECONNAISSANCE FLIGHTS

CARCAH, NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER, MIAMI, FL.

1100 AM EST FRI 08 MARCH 2013

SUBJECT: WINTER STORM PLAN OF THE DAY (WSPOD)

VALID 09/1100Z TO 10/1100Z MARCH 2013

WSPOD NUMBER.....12-098

I. ATLANTIC REQUIREMENTS

1. NEGATIVE RECONNAISSANCE REQUIREMENTS.

2. OUTLOOK FOR SUCCEEDING DAY.....NEGATIVE.

II. PACIFIC REQUIREMENTS

1. NEGATIVE RECONNAISSANCE REQUIREMENTS.

2. SUCCEEDING DAY OUTLOOK: POSSIBLE

A. P56/ DROP 9 (44.3N 151.0W)/ 11/0000Z

3. TRACK P56 WILL BE FLOWN TODAY AS DETAILED

ON WSPOD 12-097.

JWP

If your snow calls had come true, we would have all been dead under

a 20 mile thick glacier the week after Thanksgiving.

I don't remember making any snow calls. If you can find any, post them for all of us to see. But thanks for the post. We can always use one more jackass.

The sun angle argument is just extremely annoying that's all. Every March that's all you hear about it. We get it, it's tiresome. I will say, after staying in VA for a few days I now picture all of you with camouflage hats, hunter jackets, a piece of straw in your mouths, and a southern accent...lol. Or maybe that was because I close to W VA, not sure. 

You got another 2-3 weeks until I stop bothering you, so just bare with it. 

Day 7 GFS looks gorgeous. ;) 

The sun angle argument is just extremely annoying that's all. Every March that's all you hear about it. We get it, it's tiresome. I will say, after staying in VA for a few days I now picture all of you with camouflage hats, hunter jackets, a piece of straw in your mouths, and a southern accent...lol. Or maybe that was because I close to W VA, not sure. 

It wasn't because you were too close to WV, you pretty much described everyone up here. BTW  I don't mind your optimism and enthusiasm.

The sun angle argument is just extremely annoying that's all. Every March that's all you hear about it. We get it, it's tiresome. I will say, after staying in VA for a few days I now picture all of you with camouflage hats, hunter jackets, a piece of straw in your mouths, and a southern accent...lol. Or maybe that was because I close to W VA, not sure.

There's a cure. If you don't like Va people, don't come back.

Archived