amirah5
March 5-6 Storm Discussion

Poimen

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh, mostly cloudy with 43 mph wind gust at GSO last hour. /golfclap

It sounds like a wind tunnel out there.

Congratulations to those seeing snow!  It sounds like the Mid-Atlantic is tricky this morning.  Some areas have seen a foot of snow, others are drowning in rain.  Crazy stuff.

Hmmmmm....FFC has just issued a Winter Storm Warning for several counties about 20 minutes from me.......it's currently sunny outside and not one speck on the radar anywhere.  There are some isolated flurries here and there.  Am I missing something????

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS EVENING...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PEACHTREE CITY HAS ISSUED AWINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7PM EST THIS EVENING. THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NO LONGER INEFFECT.

They've been way too lenient imo this season on issuing WSW's. They've gone so much to the opposite extreme that I can't take a WSW all that seriously from FFC anymore.

They've been way too lenient imo this season on issuing WSW's. They've gone so much to the opposite extreme that I can't take a WSW all that seriously from FFC anymore.

Well, the WSW for north Georgia may have set the record for the shortest lived WSW ever.....I think it may have been in effect for about 3 hours.  Still extremely windy here but most of the flurries have gone by the wayside.

Epic FAIL for DC. The Mid-Atlantic meltdowns are ongoing. DC scaled back to 1-2". Cantore was at the National Mall standing on bare ground.

The GFS wins again.  I'm pretty sure it progged some severe issues with BL temps, even while the rest of the modeling had trended colder at the surface.

I'd be in full meltdown mode if I was in DC right now.  I'd much rather have the storm ripped out from under me 3+ days out than what they are going through.  The worst thing is that most meteorologists were upping totals right at the last minute!

Of course, areas to the west of the city did well, but even Charlottesville has changed over to light rain right at the tail end after precip rates lightened.

The GFS wins again.  I'm pretty sure it progged some severe issues with BL temps, even while the rest of the modeling had trended colder at the surface.

I'd be in full meltdown mode if I was in DC right now.  I'd much rather have the storm ripped out from under me 3+ days out than what they are going through.  The worst thing is that most meteorologists were upping totals right at the last minute!

Of course, areas to the west of the city did well, but even Charlottesville has changed over to light rain right at the tail end after precip rates lightened.

Yes although I was in this boat with last month's event and of course 1/17 busted here as well but this one is a lot more epic.

Epic FAIL for DC. The Mid-Atlantic meltdowns are ongoing. DC scaled back to 1-2". Cantore was at the National Mall standing on bare ground.

Well technically yes, but some of the suburbs in Fairfax/Loudoun/Prince William did get up to 7 inches or so and of course west of the Blue Ridge they got hammered. My sister in Cross Junction had 14 inches. Parts of Augusta and Rockingham counties got up to 20 inches.

Just goes to show you the models can give you a general idea of the potential that's there, but the weather is just going to do what it's going to do.

I don't know if Ji is standing on bare ground or not, but if he is, it serves him right.  I bit my tongue when he came in here the other day trolling us.

HAHA.. Yeah they got 5 inches or so in Leesburg, more in Western Loudoun County...LOL

Archived