• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Rockin' March

Ian

It's just silly that crazed jubilation is cool and skepticism is the worst.

I hug climo too much and may tend to underplay a big anomalous storm till its close. But other than that I said the Euro was probably closer on the phasing etc.

I used to learn a lot here so that's part of the frustration.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Life is short. Why get all twisted about snow or people's reaction to snow. Many of us have been here long enough to know how others in our community are going to react. We are all different and that is what makes the world a beautiful place and this a cool place to hang out. In the end, no matter what we want, our reactions to what a model shows and what the weather is outside our window is out of our control. Clearly the majority here love snow and are frustrated by the past few winters. Everyone is little edgy right now and that is ok. Let's just go along on the ride while we can enjoy it because life is short.

Just too much modelology. Hopefully the 12z runs show a giant hit then it starts to disappear again after. Watch everyone completely shift with guidance like they are puppy dogs.

One thing we have plenty of are people who take themselves way too seriously.  Anyone who gets upset over their perception of what someone else's thought process regarding a winter storm is needs help.  Seriously.  Why do some feel the need to correct others.  If they want to get their hopes up, even if irrationally, so what?  Let them.  If some want to downplay every event, so what?  Let them.

In other words, get off the high horse.  Have some fun.  You'll feel better.

One thing we have plenty of are people who take themselves way too seriously.  Anyone who gets upset over their perception of what someone else's thought process regarding a winter storm is needs help.  Seriously.  Why do some feel the need to correct others.  If they want to get their hopes up, even if irrationally, so what?  Let them.  If some want to downplay every event, so what?  Let them.

In other words, get off the high horse.  Have some fun.  You'll feel better.

I have a pretty wide tolerance at this point, partially because I dont want to be a hypocrite.  We have gone through a terrible stretch...I think it is perfectly understandable that otherwise good posters may not be as level headed at this point in the winter than they might normally be

I've complained a lot but I've never stopped anyone from doing what they are doing really.

If this looks good 48 out or so I'll weenie up with the best of em.

I've complained a lot but I've never stopped anyone from doing what they are doing really.

If this looks good 48 out or so I'll weenie up with the best of em.

That part is true, you complain but rarely delete. I would take you over most mods any day.

Since apparently ec storms are feast or famine now it could be fitting to get clobbered to break the streak. Philosphically speaking. Not a forecast....yet

as much as i'll poo poo a d5-7+ threat and the giddiness surrounding it.. there is something to this overall and not just in winter i think, at least lately. we seem to largely favor either meh events or crazy events these days.  so, 50% meh--50% chance we get to avg winter snow?

as much as i'll poo poo a d5-7+ threat and the giddiness surrounding it.. there is something to this overall and not just in winter i think, at least lately. we seem to largely favor either meh events or crazy events these days.  so, 50% meh--50% chance we get to avg winter snow?

It has been 50+ years since we had enough March snowfall to get DCA to average.

as much as i'll poo poo a d5-7+ threat and the giddiness surrounding it.. there is something to this overall and not just in winter i think, at least lately. we seem to largely favor either meh events or crazy events these days. so, 50% meh--50% chance we get to avg winter snow?

It's either just a big coincidence or some merit. Hard to say. 3-5 areawide used to be the standard. But in the last 4 years we've gotten clobbered 4 times and only like 2 "normal" storms plus a whole lotta piddly stuff. Go big or go home has been a theme. Haven't got a clue why.

I have a pretty wide tolerance at this point, partially because I dont want to be a hypocrite.  We have gone through a terrible stretch...I think it is perfectly understandable that otherwise good posters may not be as level headed at this point in the winter than they might normally be

I didn't really direct that post at anyone.  I guess it was fired at the notion that any of us should get upset by others.  I don't see this unless they make a point of nitpicking a post (make it personal).  We have a great subforum.  It should be fun.  God knows winter hasn't been.

It's either just a big coincidence or some merit. Hard to say. 3-5 areawide used to be the standard. But in the last 4 years we've gotten clobbered 4 times and only like 2 "normal" storms plus a whole lotta piddly stuff. Go big or go home has been a theme. Haven't got a clue why.

Not just for us either--- Sandy and the CT bomb in the same season? Like Boston usually has great snow seasons when they have a top event (except 96/97), but this is pretty much a one-event show for them.

Archived