• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Vendor, Blog and TV Channel Forecasts Thread

earthlight

I really hate bad mouthing TWC because they fueled my passion for weather as a kid- but they are so off latley. Like embarrassing. This afternoon they had the 12 inch line way up in like ce trap ny. They have become like the cras of models.

Like you, TWC also sparked my interest and fascination of weather, it's just a shame to see that they always seem to be so off from everyone else and really depend solely on the models.

Edit: Specifically the GFS

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like you, TWC also sparked my interest and fascination of weather, it's just a shame to see that they always seem to be so off from everyone else and really depend solely on the models.

Edit: Specifically the GFS

I'm sure when NBC bought them they needed to come up with ways to drive more consistent ratings for advertisers instead of having huge ratings during storms and much less during "boring weather". So they start naming storms to attract more attention and then put on mediocre "series" during prime time like "tornado gold diggers" or "coastguard blizzard fisherman". Somewhere in there they started losing focus on the actual weather. It's a shame because most the mets there are the same and are very knowledgable.

I'm sure when NBC bought them they needed to come up with ways to drive more consistent ratings for advertisers instead of having huge ratings during storms and much less during "boring weather". So they start naming storms to attract more attention and then put on mediocre "series" during prime time like "tornado gold diggers" or "coastguard blizzard fisherman". Somewhere in there they started losing focus on the actual weather. It's a shame because most the mets there are the same and are very knowledgable.

Couldn't agree more

I understand the model hugging that goes on in here but if someone wants to see how bad accuweather is up until last nite they had nyc in the 6 to 12 range and CNJ 12 plus.

The second they change their maps this morning and put nyc in the 3 to 6 range and CNJ in the 6 to 12 the models put down 1 inch plus in CNJ and .75 in nyc. I feel for those guys.

Can't believe Steve D has 10 -15 inches so far south - his chances of busting with this is greater then 50 % IMO - 10 -15 inches on the southeast NJ and delaware shores ? hard to believe they will not have some serious mixing issues down there

http://www.nynjpaweather.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Screen-Shot-2014-03-01-at-9.05.34-AM.png

Big shift south by him...probably prematurely if you ask me but we'll ser

Can't believe Steve D has 10 -15 inches so far south - his chances of busting with this is greater then 50 % IMO - 10 -15 inches on the southeast NJ and delaware shores ? hard to believe they will not have some serious mixing issues down there

http://www.nynjpaweather.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Screen-Shot-2014-03-01-at-9.05.34-AM.png

Same as DT, just use the euro. Makes you wonder why you need a degree to be called a professional in the industry.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived