NBC 4 NY (Janice Huff):

1618625_396023180542507_573423514_n.png

Fox 5 NY (Nick Gregory):

3282255_G.jpg

ABC 7 NY (Lee Goldberg):

9429733_600x338.jpg

CBS 2 NY (Lonnie Quinn):

I could not find their map anywhere so here is the next best thing:

The latest estimates indicate that the city and its immediate surrounding environs, as well as central and southern New Jersey, will see 4 to 8 inches of accumulation. Eight to 10 inches are expected in areas to the north and most of northern New Jersey, north of Interstate 287, while Long Island will only likely see 2 to 4 inches.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mets know more than those on this board. Its not as easy as just reading qpf amounts and making a forecast. Other things are factored in. This board was hyping NAM output during the playbyplay but the truth was when donsutherland posted the actual ouput which was much lower than the hypers portrayed. This board is not objective at all about snowfall totals. I saw very litlle analysis of the gfs latest run and its cutting back of totals. The ccb is no sure thing and amounts can be adjusted upward tomorrow after the lull if need be

Than why did Upton up there snowfall totals at 4 pm from 2-4 to 8-10?

What is wrong with those posted maps

...they seem totally plausible....dont see the issue unless you are hugging nam qpf

Even the most "lackluster" models give NYC N&W around 10-12" before the dryslot. This doesn't even account for the second part of the storm (CCB) which could add another 3-6" of snow in the night thru early Friday AM.

I went through chemo when I was 22 yrs old because I was told I had Hodgkins Lymphoma. Spent every fine I had because they told me it didn't look good. I'm now 47 married w 2 kids. Have been cancer free. That doctor I had was wrong. Being a doctor doesn't guarantee you're a genius. Just means you spent a lot of money and time in schooling....

He has a doctorate in meteorology from Penn State. And yes you do have to be close to a genius to get any kind of doctorate ( IQ of 125 or greater and most are well over 130 ). You can't even get near a doctoral program unless you show some brilliance. Hodkin's has been 90% curable for over 20 years, so I don't know why the docs gave you such a bad prognosis. I am a fellow survivor by the way. Stick to Sloan Kettering.

Please tell us which doctor has cured cancer? Please don't go there. I have seen just as many patients misdiagnosed as those sent into remission.

I know lots of people who have been cured. I can give you an entire hospital in NYC where all the docs have cured cancer. Cancer of course is made up of hundred of different diseases; some are not curable, many are.

I know lots of people who have been cured. I can give you an entire hospital in NYC where all the docs have cured cancer. Cancer of course is made up of hundred of different diseases; some are not curable, many are.

How about the cure for male pattern baldness? That would be the best cosmetic disease cure IMO. It just baffles me why there hasn't been a cure for such a seemingly common phenomenon that happens in some men as early as 15.

How about the cure for male pattern baldness? That would be the best cosmetic disease cure IMO. It just baffles me why there hasn't been a cure for such a seemingly common phenomenon that happens in some men as early as 15.

there will never be a cure for male pattern baldness because it is not a disease. it is a trait like blue eyes or brown hair. Maybe it can be reversed some day, but baldness is as natural as thick hair. Human diversity. And yes I have MPB too. Started at 19.

I'm new here, is it know that The Weather Channel is a complete farce? I don't see anyone mentioning their embarrassingly misleading low accumulation totals.

I have Direct TV so I no longer get TWC. But if you can believe it, they have Weather Nation which is like TWC with no budget. It is pathetic; endless reruns of national forecasts. Godawful.

Basically NENJ stays below freezing with just some sleet mixing in according to upton

WESTERN PASSAIC-EASTERN PASSAIC-WESTERN BERGEN-EASTERN BERGEN-

WESTERN ESSEX-EASTERN ESSEX-WESTERN UNION-EASTERN UNION-

1001 PM EST WED FEB 12 2014

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST FRIDAY...

* LOCATIONS...WESTERN PASSAIC...EASTERN PASSAIC...WESTERN

BERGEN...EASTERN BERGEN...WESTERN ESSEX...EASTERN ESSEX...

WESTERN UNION...EASTERN UNION.

* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW AND ICE.

* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 10 TO 14 INCHES...ALONG

WITH AROUND A TENTH OF AN INCH OF ICE.

* WINDS...NORTH 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES...IN THE UPPER 20S.

* VISIBILITIES...ONE QUARTER TO ONE HALF MILE AT TIMES.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL DEVELOP LATE TONIGHT AND CONTINUE DURING

THE DAY THURSDAY BEFORE TAPERING OFF THURSDAY NIGHT. SOME

SLEET MAY MIX WITH THE SNOW ON THURSDAY.

* IMPACTS...SNOWFALL WILL MAKE TRAVEL TREACHEROUS IN ADDITION...

HEAVY...WET SNOW MAY CAUSE SOME WEAK...FLAT ROOF STRUCTURES TO

COLLAPSE AND TREE BRANCHES WILL BE SUSCEPTIBLE TO FALLING.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived