• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February 25/26th Winter Weather Event Disc./Obs.

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last storm was a total bust even though things were looking good. Granted, I feel better about seeing something (atleast more than the last one) from this storm.

7pm sounding from KRNK already showing warming between 1-3km (~850mb-700mb)but with a wet-bulb cold enough to support snow if precip was to start now.

You know, and I'm sure you checked that the HRR and RAP were pretty bone dry about this time Thursday. This one clearly is not-- models have backed off sleet-- so outside the courtesy dry air sleet, I'm not expecting much. Temps are CLEARLY colder this time...

You know, and I'm sure you checked that the HRR and RAP were pretty bone dry about this time Thursday. This one clearly is not-- models have backed off sleet-- so outside the courtesy dry air sleet, I'm not expecting much. Temps are CLEARLY colder this time...

I did, but I was having weenie hallucinations/false hopes at the time.  :P I was around 40 degrees around this time on Thursday last week and still got enough precip from that moisture-starved system to get a little sleet and a slight ice glaze. I still think we get something frozen in ROA, but LYH doesn't look like much more than some rain.

Current obs: 31.6/22.6

I did, but I was having weenie hallucinations/false hopes at the time.  :P I was around 40 degrees around this time on Thursday last week and still got enough precip from that moisture-starved system to get a little sleet and a slight ice glaze. I still think we get something frozen in ROA, but LYH doesn't look like much more than some rain.

Current obs: 31.6/22.6

Yeah, we had some glaze quickly Friday as well. 

Will be interested to see how this pans out,.. a tad colder, I assumed ROA cooled faster with better precipt rates. Some of the data is bringing it in quicker in LYH-- which could make a difference

New NOAA Hillsborough forecast, too bad it's 11pm or I'd have myself a nice 2-hour delay:

• A chance of rain, freezing rain, and sleet after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Northeast wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
  • TuesdayA chance of rain, freezing rain, and sleet before 7am, then rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. High near 42. Northeast wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Going to bed will wake up at 4:30 to check things out.

Greenville/Spartanburg 34 over 32

They seem to be sweating a little bit over this...

Near term /through today/... as of 100 am...the latest surface analysis indicates tw temperatures at freezing or below across the advection area and even over the northern foothills. Will monitor the sensible weather over the next few hours as the precipitation shield makes headway into the forecast area. Very light precipitation is noted currently and expect dbz/S to pick up to around 20/25 around 08z-09z across the NC mountains the latest hrrr keeps decent precipitation across the advection area throughout it/S run...which may lend support for a possible upgrade to a warning for freezing rain as long as low level warm air advection doesnt catch up by then. Made minor tweaks to the going grids for T/dew point and winds...pop/wx grids still look good. 

Uhm, I have a 100% chance of snow tomorrow night, WTH?

EDIT: they fixed it finally.

"Tuesday Rain before 5pm, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. High near 63. East wind 11 to 13 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected."

I think someone is on drugs @ KCAE.

lol.jpg

Archived