northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Feb 16-17 Threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This really isn't a modeling scenario... it's a now-cast thing.  I am snowing here steadily, albeit light, in Ayer Mass, but the radar is consolidating and I am not in the heaviest - though inevitable. 

I agree. Just gotta let the storm play out and see what we have in the morning/late morning. Models have been on their own individual track for the most part it'll be interesting to see which one walks out the victor on this one, especially after the Euro's big victory last week. Repeat? Not one, not two, not three...

scooter's here have no fear

take the weenies home to the promised land

I've been throwing flags since yesterday while you hopped on the train. Let it play out for a few hours. Drier air on strengthening NW winds is always an issue UNLESS forcing is strong enough. However, that is a big question the farther NW ones goes. This really wasn't goin to do much until like 4-6am anyways.

Radar looks like its organizing a bit over ern mass. Relax with the weenie panic posts and give it a few hours.

radar has done that like 3 x tonite over sne......usuallly the echos build for a cpl hours then crap out.......

the stuff on long island up thru SE ct appears real and then the  light stuff welll S /SSE of the cape on edge of box radar but this crap building over us it seems to yo yo like oprahs weight.  

radar has done that like 3 x tonite over sne......usuallly the echos build for a cpl hours then crap out.......

the stuff on long island up thru SE ct appears real and then the  light stuff welll S /SSE of the cape on edge of box radar but this crap building over us it seems to yo yo like oprahs weight.  

Very tight gradient due to those same NW winds and dry air down here. Unless the radar looks really good it's basically flurries. In the spots where it is we have some heavy snow but it's where you're lucky to be in those bands.

Everything on radar even right now seems like it's still from that long stretch band earlier "today", almost 24 hours ago. The radar returns from a "storm", well that I have yet to see.

Just finished driving home and Drfting my way home from Providrnce. Roads are covered here in Cumberland starting to really be covered everywhere. Mini-Blizzard conditions, Good Snowfall, Good Winds.

0.5"

3z SREF at go time were very very impressive. For BOS only 3 members were 0-2", most were 3-8" with 7 at 11-16"

For ORH most were 1-6" (gives you an idea of the sharp longitudinal gradient) with only 2 weenie members

PYM had a bunch clustered around 8" but a wide range from 3-19" (mean was 11")

HYA with most clustered 10-16"

PVC clustered 8-15"

So basically the SREFs really jumped on board in a big way with the 3z runs, and though they haven't been super great this year, I've actually found them to be pretty accurate in the short range aside from the NORLUN debacle.

Archived