northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Feb 16-17 Threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dry air winning the battle big time here in CT.

KBDL 170551Z 02015G22KT 10SM OVC065 M03/M13 A2969 RMK AO2 PK WND 03031/0454 SNE49 SLP056 P0000 60000 T10281133 10011 21028 56034
KBDL 170451Z 02023G29KT 8SM -SN OVC038 M02/M10 A2971 RMK AO2 PK WND 02029/0449 PRESFR SLP063 P0000 T10221100 400391022

KHFD 170553Z AUTO 03016G22KT 9SM -SN OVC042 M02/M09 A2971 RMK AO2 SNB20 SLP060 P0000 60000 T10221089 10017 21022 56030
KHFD 170453Z AUTO 35010G20KT 10SM OVC050 M01/M07 A2973 RMK AO2 SLP066 T10111072 400391011

My guess would be meso low formed due to the nocturnal land breeze and the curved nature of the lake, then northerly flow kicked in and pulled it onshore.

What a gorgeous feature though, wow.  There's some pretty impressive snow fall rates in that band, no doubt.  It's probably some kind of a hybrid there.  That's clearly a closed vortex and the closest initiator is the cold profile over a relative warm source.

Had a few flakes here about an hour ago.. Radar looks like we're sitting under a DF band, yet out the window, nada.... Drier than fook, as Ryan recently pointed out.

Yeah the radar would have us jumping for joy most of the time but we're advecting in some super dry stuff down the valley. We're done here... a coating if we're lucky. 

I do think New London County should start getting in the better stuff... but models were too bullish on getting the snow in there through 6Z. 

What a gorgeous feature though, wow.  There's some pretty impressive snow fall rates in that band, no doubt.  It's probably some kind of a hybrid there.  That's clearly a closed vortex and the closest initiator is the cold profile over a relative warm source.

this sounds kind of erotic Tip

is the board quiet before the storm or lost interest?

Lost interest for now. Will be more interesting in the morning.

Always sunny I just deleted my post by mistake. On the cell there is no confirmation of deletion was trying to edit.

Anyway I was expecting about .6 to .8 storm snows here then OES etc. the euro is okay I'm guessing about .45 here? What bugs me is the time we are wasting tonight. I was banking on an inch or two of pre snows overnight. That ain't happening. It's just flurries and above freezing. Some of the better banding may be well west for several hours.

8-12 of probably trim down to 6-10 if I was so inclined losing the 1-2" by 3-4am. . Like most bombing systems I expect a heavier band displaced NW of guidance. But we are burning valuable time right now with flurries and the storm is taking too long to generate the band on the NW side. Same concerns from 5 hours ago. Cloud tops are just gradually cooling we are t seeing the eruption the gfs was hammering by about now.

Banding and OES could easily push this well into the double digits but I'm not confident that's going to set up. Tbh been doing family stuff since 2pm, just haven't been that interested to look.

Lost interest for now. Will be more interesting in the morning.

Always sunny I just deleted my post by mistake. On the cell there is no confirmation of deletion was trying to edit.

Anyway I was expecting about .6 to .8 storm snows here then OES etc. the euro is okay I'm guessing about .45 here? What bugs me is the time we are wasting tonight. I was banking on an inch or two of pre snows overnight. That ain't happening. It's just flurries and above freezing. Some of the better banding may be well west for several hours.

8-12 of probably trim down to 6-10 if I was so inclined losing the 1-2" by 3-4am. . Like most bombing systems I expect a heavier band displaced NW of guidance. But we are burning valuable time right now with flurries and the storm is taking too long to generate the band on the NW side. Same concerns from 5 hours ago. Cloud tops are just gradually cooling we are t seeing the eruption the gfs was hammering by about now.

Banding and OES could easily push this well into the double digits but I'm not confident that's going to set up. Tbh been doing family stuff since 2pm, just haven't been that interested to look.

i'll take the under at this point.

Yeah the radar would have us jumping for joy most of the time but we're advecting in some super dry stuff down the valley. We're done here... a coating if we're lucky.

I do think New London County should start getting in the better stuff... but models were too bullish on getting the snow in there through 6Z.

Meanwhile east of that band we are sucking wind the other way with 32+ temps and just flurries. Wasting some time tonight. I sense Will pre drafting one of his we should have known better posts for the morning.

Anyway hoping to at least get or get near noaa maps.

Archived