Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Feb 16-17 Threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See! This is why when everyone gets Super excited about special storms I just don't really care (in terms of wind). I'm not even in the Middle of the band and I'm experiencing conditions 1 Tick below the Worst conditions I saw in the Blizzard. My micro Climate is a Very different one.

Only sucky news is - I've I only got 2.25". Video is too large to upload unfortunately.

NWS saying I should expect that band until 1pm? They are SO bullish on this storm! Love it!

post-2792-0-34907000-1361108346_thumb.jp

And AIT, no CCB..just banding in ern MA. Although, I thought more of a CCB near the Cape.

Yeah, caution flags were flying last night when there was really no sign of the CCB forming in time.  It's not even close to the Cape.  The banding is pretty good, not quite as heavy as last weekend but it's been a fluffier snow.  I think NOAA's revised 6-8 should do it although another 3-4 hours of this at the current rates and we may break over 8", will do some measuring in a bit. 

messenger that band that was crushing carver is about to roll into your hood

should be a wall of white ...creepin from the west

It is, but like I said in the middle of the night I hate these storms where so much time is wasted.  We're getting hit hard now, fluffy snow, accumulating as quickly as they can plow, but NBD.   It is trying to build back down but it looks like this time it may push east.  If that's the case 6-8 will do it, if we can get another 3 or so hours of this may push the top end +

I guess technically the 1/2" last night needs to be counted too, but it melted before the new stuff felt for the most part.  Just a little bummed we didn't manage an inch or two from that initial band.

It's 19.6 degrees, blowing 25-40, heavy snow...not bad

PLYMOUTH       HVY SNOW  20  15  81 W20G30    29.34R VSB 1/4 WCI   4

FALMOUTH       SNOW      19  18  93 NW26G41   29.32R VSB 1/2 WCI   1

HYANNIS        SNOW      23  20  88 NW18G30   29.26R VSB 1/4 WCI   9

CHATHAM        SNOW      25  23  93 NW14G31   29.25R VSB 1/4 WCI  13

Yeah, caution flags were flying last night when there was really no sign of the CCB forming in time.  It's not even close to the Cape.  The banding is pretty good, not quite as heavy as last weekend but it's been a fluffier snow.  I think NOAA's revised 6-8 should do it although another 3-4 hours of this at the current rates and we may break over 8", will do some measuring in a bit. 

I'm disappointed in a lack of CCB...I thought it may clip the Cape anyways. Was wrong about that.

But look at the satellite image. Classic.

I'm disappointed in a lack of CCB...I thought it may clip the Cape anyways. Was wrong about that.

But look at the satellite image. Classic.

Me too.  Kind of like the blizzard in a sense that we are having a great storm, but geez, could have been a greater if things had played out just right.

You can see the implications of the later development up in downeast maine.  Check out the RGEM last night to today.  That was what I was hoping would happen here.

We really got none of that backing in like they're getting up there now:  http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=CBW&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

Posting the RGEM, it really was behind the ball on this one bell to bell.  Note up in Maine on the new run.

post-3232-0-75232300-1361122888_thumb.jp

post-3232-0-51072100-1361122894_thumb.jp

Archived