joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 21st - 23rd Winter Storm

Powerball

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting evolution on the 00z GFS (and prior runs too). Snowing in LAF at 192 hours with a 980 mb low in southern IA is probably not something that happens very often.

With high over Quebec at the same time funneling down the cold air there is one concern I would have, ice vs snow.

Very interesting evolution on the 00z GFS (and prior runs too). Snowing in LAF at 192 hours with a 980 mb low in southern IA is probably not something that happens very often.

It's a solution the GFS has been hinting at several times now, this one is just stronger but it's shown good snows east and even ESE of the sfc low.

I've seen a few setups like this but can't remember the dates.

It's a solution the GFS has been hinting at several times now, this one is just stronger but it's shown good snows east and even ESE of the sfc low.

I've seen a few setups like this but can't remember the dates.

Yeah, it happens...having some antecedent cold to play with and the system occluding when it does are what's making it possible.

Great for Iowa with a couple feet+ of snow for some places, nothing special other thn that....Dry slots most of us...but its still in fantasy, this storm could end up a clipper lol...Who remember that triple phaser back in the day? Watched it for so long, ended up a dud...

What are you looking at. I mean seriously.

What are you looking at. I mean seriously.

The storm dies heading east man..I dont see what you are looking at? At least on this run dont see nothing special for the G/L /O/V region....everything comes together perfectly  WEST OF US.....Perfect for Minnesota/Iowa...

Maybe he got confused at the snow map posted because it goes out to 192 hours. 

No.....on twisterdata the maps are actually fairly accurate....Try going beyond 192, and tell me if you see anything special?

http://www.twisterdata.com/index.php?prog=forecast&model=GFS&grid=3&model_yyyy=2013&model_mm=02&model_dd=14&model_init_hh=00&fhour=228&parameter=SNOWIN&level=SURFACE&unit=none&maximize=n&mode=singlemap&sounding=n&output=image&view=large&archive=false

The storm dies heading east man..I dont see what you are looking at? At least on this run dont see nothing special for the G/L /O/V region....everything comes together perfectly  WEST OF US.....Perfect for Minnesota/Iowa...

Because it goes post-truncation on the GFS, for one. Are you not seeing the antecedent cold air mass over the eastern part of the region that would likely get snow on the front side of the storm?

It doesn't die it moves East. Sure there are going to be winners with this, but to say it is nothing special with the amount of moisture and the strength of the system is just tomfoolery. Might be best if you just checked out of this thread now so we don't have to read 7 days of this kind of nonsense.

It doesn't die it moves East. Sure there are going to be winners with this, but to say it is nothing special with the amount of moisture and the strength of the system is just tomfoolery. Might be best if you just checked out of this thread now so we don't have to read 7 days of this kind of nonsense.

Once again I"M NOT talking about Minnesota/Iowa whatever, I'm talking about US the LOSERS in East Michigan HAHA....Nothing special for US, at least ATM...

Archived