• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 21st - 23rd Winter Storm

Powerball

Complaining about getting thumped with snow when such a strong surface low goes over or north of you? Really? I'd be happy with what I get in that setup as rain is normally a major concern.

Yes, some people just don't get it and never will tbh. They just complain to complain and don't even have any basis to the complaints.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Through 168hr the Euro has a nice surface low taking shape over western KS.  Looks like it's gonna be a strong run for someone.

Looks good so far, a bit SE of the GFS out to 204hr. Weaker too though, still a good hit for NE/IA/MN/WI/N IL/N IN/S MI/ON.

Transfers to the coast at 216hr.

Would love to see this storm shift south a bit and give me a birthday snowstorm. Doubt it happens, because this one has the classic look where the low would track right over Kentucky. Backlash snow for us after getting two or three inches of rain. But plenty of time, 24 hours from now it could show a deep south snow.

Pretty impressive how all the 0z runs of the GFS/GEM/Euro all have something major in a pretty close area of each other.

0z Euro jackpot probably somewhere in IA but NE to southern WI/northern IL into MI do really well. Looks like a nice LAF front end thump.

What's most impressive is the long duration and chances are the ratios would be nice on the Euro and GFS with such cold air around through much of the event.  Of course the ultimate caveat, we have over a week to go.

Pretty impressive how all the 0z runs of the GFS/GEM/Euro all have something major in a pretty close area of each other.

0z Euro jackpot probably somewhere in IA but NE to southern WI/northern IL into MI do really well. Looks like a nice LAF front end thump.

Big signals this far out in a consistent way like this usually end up pretty good for a good storm.  Lets keep the train a rollin'.

Sweet, sounds good. It will be interesting to see if they stay the course.

I don't want to get too excited this far out. Now if everything looks the same come Sunday afternoon or so, then I'll probably be glued to the board and model pages! ...and nights where I only get like 5 or 6 hours of sleep! haha

+1 on Cyclone's last post.

I don't want to get too excited this far out. Now if everything looks the same come Sunday afternoon or so, then I'll probably be glued to the board and model pages! ...and nights where I only get like 5 or 6 hours of sleep! haha

+1 on Cyclone's last post.

And what is better...is we have a few small systems to keep us interested until then.

Didn't really want to bring the severe aspect into this since most posters here are hardwired on snow right now, but that Euro run would very likely bring some big problems into Dixie Alley...

This is about the time their tornado season begins, correct? Maybe a bit too early. It seems they get it from the end of Feb. through April and then it moves northward.

This is about the time their tornado season begins, correct? Maybe a bit too early. It seems they get it from the end of Feb. through April and then it moves northward.

Well, Hattiesburg, MS got struck by an EF4 tornado the other day (Feb 10th) and there was a significant severe event on Christmas and 1/29-30.

The 06z pretty much topped the 00z GFS in all categories. Just an incredible run, a foot or better snow band about 500 miles wide from the Rockies to the Lakes along and North of I-80, along with the severe side of things down South which if trends continue as they have been shown thus far, could be substantial. The low bottoms out at around 982mb near Omaha before slowly filling in as it slides ENE. Those on the far Eastern end of the region might not get as much snow but with the high in Canada cold air funnels down into the region and even with a bad track most areas still get a lot of snow even out this way and up toward GTA.

Archived