CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
NNE Winter 2012-13 Thread IV

klw

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3.5" here and I'll be home too. Son's snow day FTW! ;)

Nice man.  I'm taking this week off, so normally I'd have to battle my way back and forth to work regardless of snow.  It's almost unheard of for Dartmouth College to have a snow day...

Light snow falling though it's tappered off somewhat.  Watching that batch out in NYS--seems like it's filling & expanding some.

Started about 6 AM, now a bit over 1" with temp low 20s, GYX predicts 12-18" here with the big dump late aft thru the wee hrs.  I'm maxed out on vacation time, so today seemed a good time not to do my 30-mile drive to work - watch (snoblo) the storm, maybe bake some anadama bread, take a walk and watch Abby Lab's coat change color.

Was that you taking the picture of Tim Kelly on the lift at Stowe?

No we've been playing phone tag today but its hard to stop and wait when its so good, haha.

Here are some cell phone pics until I get home:

1-2" per hour and near whiteout at times...

That base lodge is like 1/8th of a mile away from me.

7-8" on the mountain as of 1pm. This is the 1,550ft stake.

Got back in from my run about a half hour ago.  I was pouring snow the whole way.  At best the visibility was about a quarter mile.  I think 2 or 3 inches fell in the 70 minutes  I was out there.  Mostly I was on dirt roads which were plowed during the lull but were snow covered.  I only saw a handful of cars while I was out there so it was very peaceful.  Fortunately the wind is minimal.

That was fun for a couple of hours. I've since tempered my meltdown...seems the really +SN came after the brightest echoes were moving away.

Same here.   There is a steady 15-20 mph northeast wind, so that might be the reason.  My temp is down to 26.9 and humidity was dropping... I had started to think it was some evil dry air alot.

Do you guys think more will develop after this back edge?  Springfield VT shows no echos but their still 1.2 miles in snow.  Seems to be redevelopment in E NY.  Maybe a bit more in the next few hours or maybe it will shut off completely, i have no idea

During the lull with that snizzle, the visibility here stayed around 1 mile.  It never really accumulates, but does wonders at keeping visibility low.  That might be what's going on there.

Archived