Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
February 13-14th Potential Winter Storm Threat Discussion

Zir0b

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you guys know what the hardest thing for any one model to numerically equate is ? Precip  So relax with its equation of the precip field tonite  . Take a look at the position of the  southern stream SW  , if you have a 996 LOW  east of AC headed ENE , chances are you are goin to drop more than .20 qpf across the area .

Now can the NAM be trending south towards the Euro . sure its very possible .But one run of the NAM isnt goin to tell you that

The GFS and tonites Euro will make things a little clearer . Be careful yelling fire everytime one model run  is good or bad , you lose credibility .

the numbers posted in the Philly forum were not promising......  .22 at SMQ which is my area  and only .36 at Trenton.

RGEM held its ground and the NAM has been pretty unreliable for precip at any range let alone past 48 hours out.  Even the night before the last storm it was printing out absurd amounts of QPF.

Exactly - posting reports from areas, such as Somerset/Hunterdon/Mercer, is completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand, which is whether a 6.4" report from "northern Middlesex County" surrounded by 8-10" reports, is credible or not.  It's certainly possible, but highly unlikely.  Would be helpful to know the location.  And I'm not doubting that 6.4" was measured, but I'm calling into question whether the 6.4"

was representative for a number of possible reasons (missing the initial 0.5", measuring a few hours after the sun was up and missing the compaction, measuring in a spot that was under a tree or some other interference, etc.). 

look on the list...I think there were two locations one was Monroe and I forget the other one.

Warlock/bac (for those of you who don't know, we're both hard core regulars on the Rutgersfan.com sports message board, where we kind of have a side job of posting weather info for storms/games) - you might need a remedial geography or reading comprehension class.  Neither Monroe nor Kingston are anywhere near northern Middlesex County, so they're irrelevant to our discussion about a 6" report somewhere in northern Middlesex County probably being erroneous, given only 8-10" reports in that area. 

It's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course, hey, it's all ball bearings nowadays...

RGEM held its ground and this is a little past the NAM's best range. It's been pretty unreliable for precip at any range let alone past 48 hours out. Even the night before the last storm it was printing out absurd amounts of QPF.

Not for nothing, the ETA was a much better forecasting tool imo

Warlock/bac (for those of you who don't know, we're both hard core regulars on the Rutgersfan.com sports message board, where we kind of have a side job of posting weather info for storms/games) - you might need a remedial geography or reading comprehension class. Neither Monroe nor Kingston are anywhere near northern Middlesex County, so they're irrelevant to our discussion about a 6" report somewhere in northern Middlesex County probably being erroneous, given only 8-10" reports in that area.

It's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course, hey, it's all ball bearings nowadays...

Lmao

Archived