12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 13-14th Potential Winter Storm Threat Discussion

Zir0b

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that has me a bit concerned...0z NAM runs have been more aggressive lately....I wonder if the NAM is overdoing the northern extent of precip. This MAY be a PHL/S NJ snow event and drop flurries or an inch in NYC metro. SREF's seemed to put the bulls eye over S Middlesex County.

The thing that has me a bit concerned...0z NAM runs have been more aggressive lately....I wonder if the NAM is overdoing the northern extent of precip. This MAY be a PHL/S NJ snow event and drop flurries or an inch in NYC metro. SREF's seemed to put the bulls eye over S Middlesex County.[/quote

Actually middlesex and Monmouth look like 4 to 6

Rossi

The thing that has me a bit concerned...0z NAM runs have been more aggressive lately....I wonder if the NAM is overdoing the northern extent of precip. This MAY be a PHL/S NJ snow event and drop flurries or an inch in NYC metro. SREF's seemed to put the bulls eye over S Middlesex County.

Either way the NAM depicts a very quick hitter. In and out in less than 6 hours. Hopefully the GFS doesn't trend this way.

Well I mean, this does happen....a few days ago, it was much too far south, then it started coming north with borderline temps, maybe almost too far north....then it's leveling off now and models coming to their solution....looks like it favors PHL south more than us....of I had to make a call it'd actually be for a bit more than it shows here....3-4" snow for NYC, 4-6" PHL and highest amounts around 8" somewhere probably in S NJ or Delaware. The weekend storm looks like it has much more potential to be huge

Do you really think we get nothing?

anything is possible....i definitely think this isnt an ideal setup and the fact that the euro never jumped when the NAM/GFS said this high, lends credence to this being a minor-to nothing event...just saying

GFS has been the most consistent with this, not the NAM. If the GFS trends, storm cancel.

Really? NAM has been locked into this since beyond it's run(extrapolating past 84), and has consistently been a hit until now. GFS seems to have been bouncing around, sometimes has it, sometimes dosen't, has gotten more into it today but the NAM has been consistent, and loosing it gets me very worried. The GFS will be the question here, if it holds the NAM is being the NAM, if it trends to the NAM, then congrats philly.

-skisheep

We are talking about northern middlesex county which was 8-10 respectively. Se middlesex county and your area was in the relative dry area. Those counties you posted are on the western side of the state. Union in nj which is above northern middlesex ended up with 10-12

Just across the river here on staten island I measured 11 inches.

Really? NAM has been locked into this since beyond it's run(extrapolating past 84), and has consistently been a hit until now. GFS seems to have been bouncing around, sometimes has it, sometimes dosen't, has gotten more into it today but the NAM has been consistent, and loosing it gets me very worried. The GFS will be the question here, if it holds the NAM is being the NAM, if it trends to the NAM, then congrats philly.

-skisheep

NAM had a rain event for us at first. Trended south. It's been trending south ever since then. Now that it's not showing what people like, they begin crying. The GFS has been a little more consistent, yes it had some 18z runs where it's south and east, but for the most part, the GFS had this 150hrs out.

-skisheep

yes, exactly

look on the list...I think there were two locations one was Monroe and I forget the other one.

Both of the locations that reported 6'' (Kingston and Monroe) are in southern Middlesex county where the changeover took longer.  All locations in northern MIddlesex county reported 8-10'', thus the 6'' claim is an outlier and likely inaccurate.

Archived