• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
blizzard of 2013 discussion

forkyfork

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?model=gfs&area=namer&param=850_vort_ht&cycle=12ℑ=gfs%2F12%2Fgfs_namer_000_850_vort_ht.gif

That is the gfs position of the low now...looks identical to where it really is actually

It has been officially documented that it initialized too SE and was weak by 7mb, it really matters not what it shows after that in any aspect.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From HM in Philly thread

"All models agree that between 18z-21z, the northward motion of the southern stream s/w ends and the kick east happens. The initial "repelling" is common before a partial phase. It doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot for Boston but this is why major snowfall will not happen NYC and SW. "

From HM in Philly thread

"All models agree that between 18z-21z, the northward motion of the southern stream s/w ends and the kick east happens. The initial "repelling" is common before a partial phase. It doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot for Boston but this is why major snowfall will not happen NYC and SW. "

yikes....

lets see how many people in this thread acknowledge this post by HM

I like this from Albany:

THERE IS SOME RAIN ON THE SOUTHERN PERIPHERY OF THE NORTHERN
STREAM SYSTEM ALSO IN PARTS OF WESTERN PA AND EASTERN OH. BASED
ON THE MEAN FLOW SEEN IN 12Z UPPER DATA...THE AXIS OF THE HEAVIEST
SNOW MAY BE SHIFTING EVER SO SLIGHTLY MORE WEST AND NORTH THAN
CURRENT FORECAST. LOTS OF CONVECTION OFF THE CAROLINAS WHICH COULD
CONTINUE THE ENHANCED DOWNSTREAM UPPER RIDGING THAT COULD SHIFT
THE SURFACE LOW TRACK AND ASSOCIATED RAIN/SNOW LINE AND DYNAMICS
JUST A SLIGHT HAIR WEST AND NORTH OF CURRENT FORECAST.

From HM in Philly thread

. If that happens and ill take hm's word for it, one of the best mets I've ever seen, that will really screw areas west and northwest of NYC big time.

yikes....

lets see how many people in this thread acknowledge this post by HM

Here is his next post

It was never really something you thought would happen anyway, so don't let it take you down. Things to look forward to are the frontogen bands. There is a very strong signal in the mid levels for positive frontogen 3z-9z from NE PA / NY down into SE PA / C NJ. Also, we have a saturated CSI layer, per 12z NAM, during the first portion of the night when wair air advection and LLJ is present (mainly before 4z). The snow accumulations are going to be funny with north to south based maximums where these bands develop and drift southward.

I like this from Albany:

That would be awesome for us up here in the NW.. 

It all stems back to poor initialization and the complete ignorance of that is what will continue to doom the model. The NAM on the other hand is just a complete joke.

I am sure that there are people lower down in the power structure that care, but they must not have any say on what goes

on at the top. We would have never landed on the moon if we had the same attitude back in the 60's.

I like this from Albany:

Does that mean LI and NYC get more rain?

i'd say 10-12" is major

i just hope HM is wrong...odds are against my hopeless wishing

Major to him is what Boston is getting. Are you seeing my posts? Here is what he said after

It was never really something you thought would happen anyway, so don't let it take you down. Things to look forward to are the frontogen bands. There is a very strong signal in the mid levels for positive frontogen 3z-9z from NE PA / NY down into SE PA / C NJ. Also, we have a saturated CSI layer, per 12z NAM, during the first portion of the night when wair air advection and LLJ is present (mainly before 4z). The snow accumulations are going to be funny with north to south based maximums where these bands develop and drift southward.

Here is his next post

not sure I understand this post...

Archived