joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
blizzard of 2013 discussion

forkyfork

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HM was kind of referring and explaining as to why NYC area has no shot at the 24 -32 inch ranges that are being thrown out up in the NE area.  12-18 is still very much likely however.

he does not say anything about 12-18 he said "major snow".

HM was kind of referring and explaining as to why NYC area has no shot at the 24 -32 inch ranges that are being thrown out up in the NE area.  12-18 is still very much likely however.

I also read what he said and agree 12-18 is still reachable in the best banding in NYC metro.

The GFS initialization was fine (check the contour interval). I just made a plot of the GFS analysis from production, at native resolution, from the master file:

Thank you.

Yes...thought so ! Not sure why there is so much banter about the GFS being so off. It's clearly not, which was why its confusing when the claims are that it is

he does not say anything about 12-18 he said "major snow".

Yes we know he did not say that. I will say that is still very possible though. RGEM gives 1" all snow qpf with 15:1 likely ratios. Falls in with 12-18 does it not? Upton has 12+ with their 10am, so yeah 12-18 is a fair call for NYC, it's western boroughs and in extreme NE NJ.

Archived