• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Early Spring Banter Thread

IsentropicLift

I don't mind the new format at all. People can still complain and vent in this banter thread rather than cluttering up analysis threads. The model threads became almost unreadable at times with the "this run looks like crap" posts and then the bickering that went on between everybody. That gets really tiring when you want to objectively see what's going on and maybe learn something, and if people can't seriously take a chill pill and maybe add a few meaningful words after "storm cancel this winter suxxxxx", they probably shouldn't be posting here anyway. The few mets that do still post here also shouldn't have to deal with endless trolling when they say something that the weeniedom doesn't want to hear. I wasn't a "crackdown" fan either until a couple of weeks ago, but I think this was definitely needed. Maybe bring the banned/suspended posters back in the spring.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind the new format at all. People can still complain and vent in this banter thread rather than cluttering up analysis threads. The model threads became almost unreadable at times with the "this run looks like crap" posts and then the bickering that went on between everybody. That gets really tiring when you want to objectively see what's going on and maybe learn something, and if people can't seriously take a chill pill and maybe add a few meaningful words after "storm cancel this winter suxxxxx", they probably shouldn't be posting here anyway. The few mets that do still post here also shouldn't have to deal with endless trolling when they say something that the weeniedom doesn't want to hear. I wasn't a "crackdown" fan either until a couple of weeks ago, but I think this was definitely needed. Maybe bring the banned/suspended posters back in the spring.

This. Ive added plenty of sh*tty posts over the years, but when we are actually getting storms, it would be nice to read just actual analysis.

Would also be nice if the rules were the same for all subforums ;).

This. Ive added plenty of sh*tty posts over the years, but when we are actually getting storms, it would be nice to read just actual analysis.

Would also be nice if the rules were the same for all subforums ;).

The other subforums seem clique-ier than us, especially the SNE guys who have meet-ups seemingly every month and essentially have their own language and nicknames for everybody, but there also seems to be a lot more of the bickering and poor quality here. Mets in the other subforums also don't get trolled constantly.

You can do it in this forum. Posts like this run is great or a map then a smiley face will be canned. Just provide some analysis with it.I know, not meant to be a shot at the moderators. I guess it's more a commentary on how much garabage was here before the crackdown. The comparative lack of posts is stunning. I am a reader and learner rather than a poster, so was disappointed not to have anything to read this morning!

I am one who fondly remembers when we were a combined forum. in particular, I reminisce about your fantastic pbp of late night Euro runs leading up to the Boxing Day storm...

The amount of garbage that was in this forum should be magnified by the lack of posts now that there has been a slightly more strict guideline. Emphasis on slightly, because we haven't gotten very strict at all. It's difficult for me because I also enjoy the laid back, relaxed and fun discussion in the forums and yes that includes the main storm discussion threads. But there are so many posters in here that can't seem to draw the line between banter/garbage and fun/relaxed analysis. And it's continued even after the pinned topic was written. So we're literally being forced to change things up at least for the time being to try and bring the good posts to the forefront and keep the crap in the back.

I'm kinda sick and tired of the EURO. The EURO is like a really hot girl who gets herself drunk at a bar and starts teasing you then reveals she was once really a guy. Just 48 hours ago everybody was orgasmic looking at Tuesday of next week and Thursday of next week's threats. Now everyone's talking about how horrible the EURO looks for here. Just bring on Spring already - I'm tired of being teased.

Their forum is much clique-ier than ours and Will (ORH_wxman) has been threatening 5-postings there. Although I still have no clue what he was talking about when he mentioned posters from our forum rooting for them to change to rain.

Archived