Newest Member
    joxey
Bitter and angry but happy for NYC,Boston and Tolland Thread

Ji

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm unbearable at home right now

we have time...plus you have like 8" so far yes?

anyway...we are going to get a proper storm...if not Feb then March which will be good for you if not me....The numbers at the end might not look that pretty, but the next 6 weeks will deliver a satisfying finish....more interesting things can happen in February in a so-so pattern.....I'd be surprised if we make it through the next 10-14 days without an event....we may even get something next weekend....

Not sure when we will see a major coastal, but we will get something with 0.25-0.5" QPF run into cold air at some point...be patient

At least misery loves company. The entire east coast has been a screw zone this year. Outside of parts of the mountain west, there has been almost no snow action. At some point the rubber band will snap back.

getting out of a +6-+7 stable pattern makes a difference...Feb might not rock but it wont suck

we have time...plus you have like 8" so far yes?

anyway...we are going to get a proper storm...if not Feb then March which will be good for you if not me....The numbers at the end might not look that pretty, but the next 6 weeks will deliver a satisfying finish....more interesting things can happen in February in a so-so pattern.....I'd be surprised if we make it through the next 10-14 days without an event....we may even get something next weekend....

Not sure when we will see a major coastal, but we will get something with 0.25-0.5" QPF run into cold air at some point...be patient

how can you be so sure on something not on models but on a day 1 sys have to give 4 different scenarios odds?

how can you be so sure on something not on models but on a day 1 sys have to give 4 different scenarios odds?

cause you are looking at a sample window of say 6-8 weeks versus a particular discrete event...so not any single unique event has to meet that criteria and even when it does there will be defining details...the ideas above are broad brush....I certainly am far from sure, but the pattern looks decent and should get better, analogs are decent, skilled mets think we have some good chances, and climatology argues strongly against a virtual shutout....getting a 3-5" snowstorm is not that ambitious...

I tried to say that after the 11th or 12th I think the pattern will look better for more than a clipper.  I just don't see much chances for more than a clipper before about the 11th of Feb.   HM likes the 8th-12th so I could always be wrong. 

I tried to say that after the 11th or 12th I think the pattern will look better for more than a clipper. I just don't see much chances for more than a clipper before about the 11th of Feb. HM likes the 8th-12th so I could always be wrong.

Feb 12-15 will be rockin? :P

I tried to say that after the 11th or 12th I think the pattern will look better for more than a clipper.  I just don't see much chances for more than a clipper before about the 11th of Feb.   HM likes the 8th-12th so I could always be wrong. 

It is all good. You are just laying it out the way it reads right now. I think the thing that got me was the first 1/3 of February not looking very encouraging. I know we were not expecting much any way, but was hoping for more rather than less opportunity. Again all good and keep us honest. Let's hope the 2/3 of February brings us a better pattern.

It is all good. You are just laying it out the way it reads right now. I think the thing that got me was the first 1/3 of February not looking very encouraging. I know we were not expecting much any way, but was hoping for more rather than less opportunity. Again all good and keep us honest. Let's hope the 2/3 of February brings us a better pattern.

today/s GFS is quicker bringing southern stream energy eastward than the ens mean I was looking at so if it is right, my analysis could be garbage.  That should be your hope.  Anything coming across the south is good. 

today/s GFS is quicker bringing southern stream energy eastward than the ens mean I was looking at so if it is right, my analysis could be garbage.  That should be your hope.  Anything coming across the south is good. 

only problem is that there is no cold air!

only problem is that there is no cold air!

every medium range model run this season showing a decent snow event has obviously been wrong so why do you whine every time they don't show snow?

if it happens this year, it will come on short notice in that it probably won't be well modeled more than 5 days out

Archived