• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Bitter and angry but happy for NYC,Boston and Tolland Thread

Ji

You should come out for a beer tomorrow. There's a topic for it. I think you and I are on the same page (For what it's worth, I served as an infantryman in the Army...so politically, we may be on the same scale)

I wish I could but my whole company is away at a show and I am the only one here, so I have to be at work until 9 tomorrow. Maybe some other time.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Normal is kind of a misnomer of course, but the past few years have been peculiar weatherwise any way you cut it. It's one thing to balance over some marginal diff one way or another but we've mostly just bounced from extreme to extreme.

The new normal should be not to expect the typical normal around here. I honestly don't see weather acting the way it always has anymore. Your point about the hot summers is a good one. Not to bring in the whole AGW argument but weather patterns since 2002 have shifted. It is purely anecdotal on my part when i say that but looking back at the dry spans, the below avg snow winters, the absurd high rain events and how most of the 500 level vorts track through PA tells me something is up.

I guess I have a hard time understanding how people can be so emotionally invested in something they have no control over.

I love snow/storms as much as the next guy, but to get all "omfg this sucks I want to slit my wrists because it hasn't snowed" is just absurd, and that attitude is sickenly prevalent around here.

Uh, yeah, ok. Don't ever wander onto a message board for a sports team then.

Good grief.

i know you want a snowy feb or end of season but i dont buy that you think it's going to happen

I think when these words like snowy get thrown around they lose their meaning....in the contest I went 4.5" for February...I have said for weeks now that CWG snow will probably bust high but I still think 5-8" for DCA on the season is reasonable....And I do still think we are -2-ish for February...If an additional 4-7" at DCA over the next 6 weeks is snowy then yes...I am going snowy

i love matt but he's clearly tied to his long range forecast at this pt imo

?...I have already said the snow will probably bust high and the temp will certainly be too cold, even though right side of the departure....do I think FEB will be a minus dep?...yes....otherwise I really have no idea what you are talking about

im not going to fight with you about snow. stupid ****.

Ever since you busted badly on the event that missed us by 100 miles, you have done a 180 and reverted back to your original winter self...we all bust badly...not sure why you are having this reaction....nobody is spinning or being unreasonable or crazy,,,,most of us have very modest expectations and have admitted the winter cancelers could be right...I am done participating here...If we can't discuss threats and possibilities on January 31st in a weather forum, wihout ridcule and derision when most of the discussion is fruitful and far from delusional then there is really no point in participating here....You have some weird vested interest in ehecking everyone's optimism and spinning what they are saying...even though everyone is modest and nobody is back patting....this winter is bad enough not to have to battle someone misstating what is happening...enjoy your forum...

Ever since you busted badly on the event that missed us by 100 miles, you have done a 180 and reverted back to your original winter self...we all bust badly...not sure why you are having this reaction....nobody is spinning or being unreasonable or crazy,,,,most of us have very modest expectations and have admitted the winter cancelers could be right...I am done participating here...If we can't discuss threats and possibilities on January 31st in a weather forum, wihout ridcule and derision when most of the discussion is fruitful and far from delusional then there is really no point in participating here....You have some weird vested interest in ehecking everyone's optimism and spinning what they are saying...even though everyone is modest and nobody is back patting....this winter is bad enough not to have to battle someone misstating what is happening...enjoy your forum...

lol

https://www.facebook.com/HeadfulOfSnow

none of this even makes sense. maybe you should take a break.

none of this even makes sense. maybe you should take a break.

it makes perfect sense and I have no idea what is wrong with having a facebook page...You have a facebook page, forecast for CWG, written a book, become somewhat of an expert on severe and I have never ridculed or diminished your thoughts...enjoy your board...you have a weird interest in cutting people down for no reason

it makes perfect sense and I have no idea what is wrong with having a facebook page...You have a facebook page, forecast for CWG, written a book, become somewhat of an expert on severe and I have never ridculed or diminished your thoughts...enjoy your board...you have a weird interest in cutting people down for no reason

ive openly praised you a million times. im actually generally fairly modest with my abilities. you take your ball and run off at least 3 or 4 times a year if we're being open and honest here. sorry i haven't jumped all over any hope on any model.

ive openly praised you a million times. im actually generally fairly modest with my abilities. you take your ball and run off at least 3 or 4 times a year if we're being open and honest here. sorry i haven't jumped all over any hope on any model.

who is doing that?..we arent being delusional but we are rooting for snow...Why can't we do that?

who is doing that?..we arent being delusional but we are rooting for snow...Why can't we do that?

Whatever.. Be pissed at me. I can easily go back and find tons of posts where I've praised you and said I have no skill on long range. You spin my comments at least as much as I spin yours if not more.

Ok, boys. Take it easy. It has been frustrating, but let's not get overly twisted because of this. I appreciate everyone's opinion, right or wrong and I am sure I speak for the vast majority of the board that the reason why this community exists, and is successful and fun, is because of the differing opinions and thoughts...again, right or wrong, insulting or not. Let's just move on. I appreciate Zwyts and Ian's thoughts equally. I'll carry on....

Whatever.. Be pissed at me. I can easily go back and find tons of posts where I've praised you and said I have no skill on long range. You spin my comments at least as much as I spin yours if not more.

I know we have praised each other...but not sure why you have been acting this way...you do it every winter...this is a great forum...with excellent posters...forecasting is humbling stuff,,nobody is tooting their own horn...I thinkmy outlook has been pretty good but in the end I might  have to grade harshly....I dont know where this nonsense comes from that I dont want it to snow because of some forecast and now I am rooting for something I dont believe in because of my outlook...

I know we have praised each other...but not sure why you have been acting this way...you do it every winter...this is a great forum...with excellent posters...forecasting is humbling stuff,,nobody is tooting their own horn...I thinkmy outlook has been pretty good but in the end I might  have to grade harshly....I dont know where this nonsense comes from that I dont want it to snow because of some forecast and now I am rooting for something I dont believe in because of my outlook...

It's fundamentally untrue that I don't want people to discuss potential etc. I actually keep almost all of my 'trolling' in banter threads and don't comment in analysis threads when I don't have anything much to say. It's unfortunate between us I suppose that I don't believe in LR forecasting that much.. I sorta feel bad about it but it has nothing to do with you. And, I've also noted multiple times that your forecast for this winter has worked out really well thus far. It's just been my impression over the years that people get vested in a forecast and want to see it verify.. which is one reason I'm thankful I've never had any real interest in LR stuff. Your forecast from here out is perfectly reasonable. We differ on such minor points it's silly to argue about it.

It's fundamentally untrue that I don't want people to discuss potential etc. I actually keep almost all of my 'trolling' in banter threads and don't comment in analysis threads when I don't have anything much to say. It's unfortunate between us I suppose that I don't believe in LR forecasting that much.. I sorta feel bad about it but it has nothing to do with you. And, I've also noted multiple times that your forecast for this winter has worked out really well thus far. It's just been my impression over the years that people get vested in a forecast and want to see it verify.. which is one reason I'm thankful I've never had any real interest in LR stuff. Your forecast from here out is perfectly reasonable. We differ on such minor points it's silly to argue about it.

this stuff is all about how one communicates it and expectations..what we are capable of and confidence levels and how broad brush something is and context all matter....I think most of us realize that who do the MR and  LR stuff...That it is lower confidence is already embedded....Nobody is going to begin every post with "I really have no idea what I am talking out".....the lower confidence level is implied...this is fun stuff to discuss and there is some skill involved depending on how specific one gets....

Archived