• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
1/25 Light Snow Event Observation Thread

IsentropicLift

this is the kind of snowfall you will only need a broom for - pathetic - and this will more then likely be it for january - will still be far behind last years totals so far which is even more pathetic - and with temps several degrees above normal for the month...........question is will the avg temp end up above last years  for the month - have about 1/2 inch here so far BTW

Actually with this event, I beat my total from last season lol.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Closing in on 1" here in Metuchen, already - hoping to get to 1.5" if we get lucky - just having everything covered in snow will make me a very happy camper (already has - trying to get friends to go out for a drink tonight). 

Amazing what a little snow that accumulates on everything does to drivers.  Traffic out there is horrendous, locally, and reports of all kinds of accidents, which is kind of what I expected: a half inch of snow that doesn't melt at all and only melts slowly with salt is definitely worse on the roads than several inches of snow that doesn't accumulate much on the roads, due to at or above freezing temps, which happens a lot around here. 

Closing in on 1" here in Metuchen, already - hoping to get to 1.5" if we get lucky - just having everything covered in snow will make me a very happy camper (already has - trying to get friends to go out for a drink tonight).

Amazing what a little snow that accumulates on everything does to drivers. Traffic out there is horrendous, locally, and reports of all kinds of accidents, which is kind of what I expected: a half inch of snow that doesn't melt at all and only melts slowly with salt is definitely worse on the roads than several inches of snow that doesn't accumulate much on the roads, due to at or above freezing temps, which happens a lot around here.

This post ftw

meh...I am north of Trenton and not getting much.....we pre salted our commercial places already and maybe check them out later but not much to be made with this dusting event

Some money is better then no money. Full salt run coming here. No sidewalk treatment for you? That band is still west of Ewing . You will prob not yet be feeling its effects

Exactly. My brother out in Kutztown PA is still getting snow and has 1.75". We might be able to pull out an inch and a half....who knows

I just measured a half inch here as well. I'd be very suprised if we get to an inch and a half though. Maybe an inch if that band around Trenton holds together for us, but I bet we'll end up with about 0.75".

Archived