joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Cold Start to February

SACRUS

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think tomorrow's frontal passage will be the most interesting think in terms of meteorology in several weeks. There are several clippers and maybe one of them can overperform so that's our best hope right now. 

I agree. Some real active weather, so to speak.

I actually think tomorrow's frontal passage will be the most interesting think in terms of meteorology in several weeks. There are several clippers and maybe one of them can overperform so that's our best hope right now. 

our biggest snowfall last year was october 29th.

and our biggest snowfall this year will likely be november 7th.

that's some sick poop.

(6.5" in e.bruns 11/7)

Sunday and tues are going to b light events. If u are gona jump on looking for a KU event u r setting urself up for dissapointment. Starting friday its a 7 day period of minus 5 but that doesnt mean heavy snow. Its just not that winter.

I'm pretty sure winter is done. I've seen this before, back in 2001-2002 and I can tell it's over. You can PM me if any meaningful snowfall potential is imminent, I'll be off of the forums for a while.

I don't think cold is done, but snowfall threats look few and far between. We're back in the 1950s cold PDO/-ENSO dry pattern with boring winters for the East. 

Is this a banter thread or a serious discussion? The 6z GFS keeps the 850 freezing line well south of the area until a WAA storm comes in around day 10, and then more big storm chances after that. And for the average :weenie: you can take a look around hour 336. Big storm as part of the PV phases in. Too bad West coast ridging is non existent.

Is this a banter thread or a serious discussion? The 6z GFS keeps the 850 freezing line well south of the area until a WAA storm comes in around day 10, and then more big storm chances after that. And for the average :weenie: you can take a look around hour 336. Big storm as part of the PV phases in. Too bad West coast ridging is non existent.

There's always one part or another that's missing this winter, which causes any promising pattern to turn to diddly squat. And the "big storm chances" are always at day 10 or beyond, the hallmark of a horrendous winter.

The Euro is further back for Sundays light event .The GFS is further east with its trough axis , so Fri and Sun system slide south and develop east .

The difference between the GFS and Euro is how far east does todays system deepen and how far does it pull the trough with it, and that has implications for any clipper thats gona fly through the flow .

I wouldn`t even look at Tues until Sunday gets sorted.

Fri - dead 1 down , 2 to go

Not enough digging, nonexistent southern stream, and little to no blocking. The best we will do is a few weak clipper with light snow. I'm about to throw in the towel because things are just not happening this season very much like last season and that's okay. You're going to have back to back bad winters from time to time, it's happened many times in the past so I don't have a problem with it.

I'll take a couple more weeks of wintry like weather, cold and light snow, and then I'll gladly welcome Springlike weather 2nd half of February and so forth. 

The Euro is further back for Sundays light event .The GFS is further east with its trough axis , so Fri and Sun system slide south and develop east .

The difference between the GFS and Euro is how far east does todays system deepen and how far does it pull the trough with it, and that has implications for any clipper thats gona fly through the flow .

I wouldn`t even look at Tues until Sunday gets sorted.

Fri - dead 1 down , 2 to go

The GFS is just clueless right now on the Sunday event, it cannot figure out at all how it wants to put those pieces together.

The GFS is just clueless right now on the Sunday event, it cannot figure out at all how it wants to put those pieces together.

3 stooges storms - nuk nuk nuk or nothing nothing nothing - winter 2012 - 2013 is officially on life support unfortunately - the best analog for this winter is last winter 2011/2012 - never got rid of the 2011/2012ish feeling.........check these numbers out very close to last winters

http://kamala.cod.edu/nj/latest.cdus41.NYC.KOKX.html

3 stooges storms - nuk nuk nuk or nothing nothing nothing - winter 2012 - 2013 is officially on life support unfortunately - the best analog for this winter is last winter 2011/2012 - never got rid of the 2011/2012ish feeling.........check these numbers out very close to last winters

http://kamala.cod.edu/nj/latest.cdus41.NYC.KOKX.html

At least we had cold shots this winter. Last winter was just terrible. 2012-2013 > 2011-2012

At least we had cold shots this winter. Last winter was just terrible. 2012-2013 > 2011-2012

man - you are really splitting hairs - yes we had one stretch of very cold weather but the total degree days for January and the season since dec 1 is not that much different plus NYC has slightly less snow so far then last year - find a better analog so far.............

man - you are really splitting hairs - yes we had one stretch of very cold weather but the total degree days for January and the season since dec 1 is not that much different plus NYC has slightly less snow so far then last year - find a better analog so far.............

We also had fantasy storms on the models. Last winter there wasn't any :weenie:

Archived