Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
1/25-1/26 Storm Disco Thread

NOVAForecaster

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am getting a snow shower right now.

GFS loses the storm like it always does 4 days out. Pretty confident everyone is going to see frozen on Friday. Finally.

Glad to see confidence. This was my big worry, a dried up prune. Maybe it's just a run like 6z was. New data perhaps? Someone mentioned flights?

Glad to see confidence. This was my big worry, a dried up prune. Maybe it's just a run like 6z was. New data perhaps? Someone mentioned flights?

See my point to that is its for the NCEP models, and the Euro is not one. And I've read there was ingestion before too. If its that, then crap, but I'd blame it on the GFS really wavering on this one. All models have really. 

They did. 

Not sure that those flights would help with our "snowstorm" here. The timing on the pacific shortwave has been fairly consistent, its the energy rotating around the polar ULL up over Hudson Bay that is the key here. NOAA's Winter Storm Reconnaissance program doesn't fly up there.

Thank god the euro comes out in 90 minutes...if this was the last run of the night, I would have nightmares...at least if the euro sucks I can stay up for the 6z NAM

the nam's gotta be closing in on a run where it pumps out 1.5" liquid over the city as snow

Not sure that those flights would help with our "snowstorm" here. The timing on the pacific shortwave has been fairly consistent, its the energy rotating around the polar ULL up over Hudson Bay that is the key here. NOAA's Winter Storm Reconnaissance program doesn't fly up there.

Very good point meddler, makes sense. I have seen consistency in the Pac s/w. I agree with you, the GFS has just been all over the place. 

Archived