• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

I was in MS for this one...luckily just south of the war zone. And that's what it looked like. I saw the aftermath. People were without power for a long long time. Not days, but weeks. Of course this was an extreme example, but I remember lighter storms as a kid that still sucked. No power, wasn't really fun to play in, etc....

http://www.nwas.org/digest/papers/1996/Vol20No3/Pg15-Pfost.pdf

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why go with a delay at all? This system isn't going to do anything.

Yeah you guys in screwjob SC may not but I'm thinking it'll be plenty cold imby (21/0 right now).  My only concern is this thing drying up over the mountains and the precip not being able to reform until close to the Triangle area.  We shall see.

Quick question for the experts. We live in Northwest Raleigh and I'm beginning to get concerned that the conditions to the west if us are deteriorating so quickly. I told my husband and kids not to expect anything today. I'm volunteering at our two oldest kiddos school this morning and will be done around 11:15 AM. Should I just take them out of school then?

Quick question for the experts. We live in Northwest Raleigh and I'm beginning to get concerned that the conditions to the west if us are deteriorating so quickly. I told my husband and kids not to expect anything today. I'm volunteering at our two oldest kiddos school this morning and will be done around 11:15 AM. Should I just take them out of school then?

WRAL just announced there is a 4 hour early release so you may not have a choice  :santa:

I really really hope that doesn't come to fruition...I'll be in Utah, and my child will be here under the care of an aunt and grandmother that don't know their way around town....

Archived