• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

If the precip field were to move further south, we may actually be able to pick up some ZR. Temps actually look more cooperative than I thought and, verbatim, the 18z NAM does perhaps give you a few hundredths of an inch of freezing rain in the morning, Frosty. It quickly warms up during the afternoon, though, so even if it does happen, it probably won't mean much.

nam_namer_066_10m_wnd_precip.gif

The 18z GFS shows a fairly similar solution.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to the little bit of sleet today, I was able to miss work and spend this evening at home watching a movie whilst the family visits Grandma & Grandpa in Charleston.  All that is to say:

If you are a hockey fan - you must watch 'Goon'.  It rivals it's older brother 'Slap Shot' (which almost seems blasphemous), and the last 30 minutes of the film are just movie magic.  If the Greenville Road Warriors would change their name to the Highlanders and enter the ice to echoing bagpipes...gold.

Ok, Burns...here is a new one for you!!

So, I get back for the store and put up the groceries, and head into the bed room to put on my working jacket.  And there are my two cats, where I left them when I got up, sleeping on the foot of the bed.  So I'm muttering about lazy cats, sleeping in as I scratch one on the head.  And she gets up some and stretches real good...and I'm noticing something out of the corner of my eye.  And there is a mouse, on my pillow, and he's stretching too.  My danged cats are having a sleep over and the mice are invited!!  Now, I'm more that muttering about can't they see what's wrong with this picture, and one cat jumps down and heads for the dry food, as the other eyes the mouse without much interest, as I'm hunting up my work gloves to catch the mouse, so's I don't get mouse bit, and when I get back the mouse is gone, and the other cat has gone back to sleep.  I'm living in a danged clown car here!!

Ok, Burns...here is a new one for you!!

So, I get back for the store and put up the groceries, and head into the bed room to put on my working jacket.  And there are my two cats, where I left them when I got up, sleeping on the foot of the bed.  So I'm muttering about lazy cats, sleeping in as I scratch one on the head.  And she gets up some and stretches real good...and I'm noticing something out of the corner of my eye.  And there is a mouse, on my pillow, and he's stretching too.  My danged cats are having a sleep over and the mice are invited!!  Now, I'm more that muttering about can't they see what's wrong with this picture, and one cat jumps down and heads for the dry food, as the other eyes the mouse without much interest, as I'm hunting up my work gloves to catch the mouse, so's I don't get mouse bit, and when I get back the mouse is gone, and the other cat has gone back to sleep.  I'm living in a danged clown car here!!

I have a solution if you want to hear it. Don't feed the cats for three days. End of mouse problem. Cats kill for food. Man is the only species that kills for sport.

I'm actually getting some good entertainment reading through the SE Boxing Day Snowstorm threads right now.

I forgot how wishy-washy that one was until a few days out. Those were the days!

It's kind of ironic because it appears that the DGEX was one of the first models to catch on to the concept of a big storm, too.

It's also interesting that the GFS op was too far north early on (low into WV at day 6), but the GFS Ensembles seemed fairly consistent on a more snowy track.

And, of course, there's Joe Bastardi forecasting a big hit for the I-95 corridor from D.C. northward six days out. :lol:

Heading to Utah next week for a bit of work, and hopefully a lot of skiing, so I've been following a ski-centric weather site called opensnow.com this week. As I'm sure you all know, they have been having some wicked inversions out there. I found this comment by one of the forecasters interesting.

"There was, at one point this morning, a 20 degree discrepancy between my house in Draper and the top of Suncrest (elevations of about 4600′ and 6500′ respectively). My house was 21 degrees while Suncrest was 41. As the crow flies they are only about a mile apart."

Heading to Utah next week for a bit of work, and hopefully a lot of skiing, so I've been following a ski-centric weather site called opensnow.com this week. As I'm sure you all know, they have been having some wicked inversions out there. I found this comment by one of the forecasters interesting.

"There was, at one point this morning, a 20 degree discrepancy between my house in Draper and the top of Suncrest (elevations of about 4600′ and 6500′ respectively). My house was 21 degrees while Suncrest was 41. As the crow flies they are only about a mile apart."

So you're just gonna leave us like that?

All Hades has broken out near where i live, a local landmark, Duncans shoe house is on fire along with another building which is forcing them to close US 70 in Marion. This had led cars to detour down my road which is incredibly icy still and there was just a crash right outside my house yikes.

All Hades has broken out near where i live, a local landmark, Duncans shoe house is on fire along with another building which is forcing them to close US 70 in Marion. This had led cars to detour down my road which is incredibly icy still and there was just a crash right outside my house yikes.

Wicked. :D:thumbsup:

I have a solution if you want to hear it. Don't feed the cats for three days. End of mouse problem. Cats kill for food. Man is the only species that kills for sport.

Well,  like man these guys love to torture for fun.  And I expect that's what went on here.  They brought the guy in to pull out his toe nails, but got bored when he didn't have anything to give up, and they were tired from last night partying, so they crashed, and he stayed from Stockholm syndrome :)

So how many sleets did you see?   T

Archived