Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not think 2 inches of snow at best is a big whoop. And there is no guarantee we will see more. People have been saying since November how good this winter looked. So far...again, so far...it is below average at best.

Wait - I have to work harder to understand your logic here.

In your original post, your point was that people said in December that January would be good.  You obviously didn't buy it then (understandably) and are using the same principle to dictate your thoughts for February's outlook.  Skip ahead to the actual month of January.  You have spent two and a half weeks watching (2) separate systems - one of which gave you SNOW - and have seen the coldest temps so far this winter (which is what those "people" [1] were implying in December).  I have to rule out Narcolepsy, or any other sleep/coma inducing disorder to explain how you may have missed it, because you have posted 1 billion times since January 1st.  

However, I can't rule out the possibility that you may have engaged a posting bot for home use, considering those 1 billion posts read like a cold call script for polling constituents [2].  Your ever so slight variations do complicate the riddle though, so it remains inconclusive but still is more sensible that a 'Sleeping Brick'.

This leaves me with two possibilities: You have either procured a 'Brick Bot' from eBay, or have the worst short term memory I've ever seen.

Your post criteria and reasoning should at the very least be passed through a filtering mechanism of some sort since your internal one is broken.

[1] Reference is still unclear, as this was implied by model guidance and people who know what those magical maps and models are suggesting.

[2] Reference earlier post in this thread for examples of said posts.

It's really not hard to understand. I want to see snow. I have only had about 1.5 inches of snow so far. So far this winter has sucked. Why is that hard to get?

That wasn't what you said.  You basically implied that the people who said January would be good were wrong.  However, it has been pretty friggin' close to what some Mets, the CFS and Weeklies called for.  Your reasoning for thinking February will not pan out is flawed (putting it mildly).

That wasn't what you said.  You basically implied that the people who said January would be good were wrong.  However, it has been pretty friggin' close to what some Mets, the CFS and Weeklies called for.  Your reasoning for thinking February will not pan out is flawed (putting it mildly).

January will end up being above normal temp wise and hardly any snow for most people around here. It was a dud.

Please tell me why this January has been so awesome where I live when it comes to wintry weather when the month will end up above average temp wise and there was one storm that had 1.5 to 2 inches of snow that was gone the next day.

Now you want to talk specific locations?  But earlier everyone who said January would be good failed.  It didn't matter then about the who's and where's. Your blanket statements are old.

Regardless - at the end of the day, you are the LAST person who should be complaining about not seeing snow.

Now you want to talk specific locations?  But earlier everyone who said January would be good failed.  It didn't matter then about the who's and where's. Your blanket statements are old.

Regardless - at the end of the day, you are the LAST person who should be complaining about not seeing snow.

I was always talking about here. Why would I care about how winter is like anywhere else?

I was always talking about here. Why would I care about how winter is like anywhere else?

You're not getting man.  If you're going to call people out for being wrong, your definition of wrong cannot just be localized to such an acute area.  Those same people you are calling out were dead friggin' on for here and many other areas.

Stop using that weak line about, "Well they said this would be that...".  Bollocks.

Stop blaming others for your own failure (or refusal) to learn something.

You're not getting man.  If you're going to call people out for being wrong, your definition of wrong cannot just be localized to such an acute area.  Those same people you are calling out were dead friggin' on for here and many other areas.

Stop using that weak line about, "Well they said this would be that...".  Bollocks.

Why can't it be wrong for my area? I don't care what it does anywhere else. I want to see snow here.

Really, some of ya'll take this whole board too seriously. I'm just venting. And if people are saying this winter looks good, the pattern looks good, and all you have so far to show for it is one snow that was less than 2 inches, you'd give this winter a D so far, too. All I am saying is that SO FAR this winter has not lived up to the expectations that many thought it would be in their area, including mine. And that is all I care about, what it does for my area. I like snow. Without it winter is boring and useless to me. Now, I'm not going to let it depress me, but this is a weather board so it seems to be the best place to discuss these things. Really, it's not that big of a deal that some of you let my posts get under your skin so much.

I think when things don't go your way in YBY you make us all suffer for it, incessantly, with each and every model run and each and every event. It's always been that way since I have been around hence the title your hold this year. We can't hold and comfort you for your losses so it's frustrating for you to keep asking for things only mother nature or an acid trip can deliver. There is more to the Se than YBY so be empathetic to those of us who live elsewhere and quite whining.

I think when things don't go your way in YBY you make us all suffer for it, incessantly, with each and every model run and each and every event. It's always been that way since I have been around hence the title your hold this year. We can't hold and comfort you for your losses so it's frustrating for you to keep asking for things only mother nature or an acid trip can deliver. There is more to the Se than YBY so be empathetic to those of us who live elsewhere and quite whining.

I hope you get a foot of snow.

FWIW- school closings are happening in Ga already. Pickens Co. is the first to make the call.

IMO- With municipal budgets being what they are, school Superintendents are using this as a money saving measure to go ahead and cancel school in the name of safety. That's my conspiracy theory of the day. LOL

Archived