• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

hey guys, I just moved into a two story home. My first home was only a one story. The problem I am having is the second floor stays hot but the bottom floor stays cold. The problem is that I only have one heating unit instead of seperate ones. Any suggestions on how to help my heating issue other than going the super expensive route and adding another unit?

Readjust your dampers.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey guys, I just moved into a two story home. My first home was only a one story. The problem I am having is the second floor stays hot but the bottom floor stays cold. The problem is that I only have one heating unit instead of seperate ones. Any suggestions on how to help my heating issue other than going the super expensive route and adding another unit?

Where is your thermostat located? Is the thermostat fairly new? Do you have a fireplace?

Yeah I already closed all the ones upstairs. I'm thinking this is just a problem I'm going to have to live with.

Remember hot air rises. Sometimes it's just going to be naturally cooler due to open areas of your house that lead upstairs. If you have a way to close off your upstairs (which I doubt) you could try closing it off and it should help.  This was my brick post of the day but it's really true. 

Remember hot air rises. Sometimes it's just going to be naturally cooler due to open areas of your house that lead upstairs. If you have a way to close off your upstairs (which I doubt) you could try closing it off and it should help.  This was my brick post of the day but it's really true. 

I am not sure what I have to do with heating and air.

Not even sure we'll get that amount.

I am feeling better about February. The 12Z GFS looks like a split flow could setup just past 7 days. Have no idea what that will bring but at least the pattern is looking better.

Not even sure we'll get that amount.

I am feeling better about February. The 12Z GFS looks like a split flow could setup just past 7 days. Have no idea what that will bring but at least the pattern is looking better.

People were saying in December that January looked good, too.

I'm to the point now that if it is going to get harder and harder as the years go by to get the conditions right here for a good winter storm then I'd rather just skip winter all together and go to spring.

People were saying in December that January looked good, too.

I'm to the point now that if it is going to get harder and harder as the years go by to get the conditions right here for a good winter storm then I'd rather just skip winter all together and go to spring.

And you've had 2 systems to track, and verification to some degree of a cold latter part of the month. 

What's the problem again?

The only thing worse than this storm might be the fizzled flizzard a few years ago (Can't remember the exact date). We were expecting a clipper and a lee side meso low warmed most up to the 40's to near 50 instead and we got a few drops of rain in most spots lol.

And you've had 2 systems to track, and verification to some degree of a cold latter part of the month. 

Yeah, I think a nice little pattern change showed it self right on time.  January 20/22 kicked over a nice cold week as was discussed all month.  We'll moderate it seems next week, then end of next week I think we get cool again.  Little disappointed the cold is going to leave so quick but hopefully early Feb will produce. 

I do not think 2 inches of snow at best is a big whoop. And there is no guarantee we will see more. People have been saying since November how good this winter looked. So far...again, so far...it is below average at best.

I do not think 2 inches of snow at best is a big whoop. And there is no guarantee we will see more. People have been saying since November how good this winter looked. So far...again, so far...it is below average at best.

I can't believe you just said that!!

a)Tomorrow's "event" looks more and more like a big fail. Maybe it'll end up like the Jan 19, 2005 event, but I even doubt that now. Of course, the models could be wrong. Who knows. B)The last two winters have just been boring as crap.

a) It has always looked that way.

B) Yes, they have been.

My friends in Ontario, just across the MN border are at -55 wind chills today! How do keep the house warm when it's that flipping cold outside?

Go outside.  Build an egloo.  Go inside igloo.  Get buck nekked.  Slather up in bear grease.  Wiggle around on each other, lol.  That's the way we do it down here when it's in the 20's :) It's why we love winter so.  T

Archived