Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Dec 27-29th LES/Snow Event

Chicago Storm

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.8" for this event so far here. Snow ratio this morning was probably 15:1 or greater! 18:1 with the morning snow at least. Yesterday was a bit less ratio.

Very nice snowfall reports in the OV! :snowing::clap:

Is that for today, or including yesterday's snow? I could probably use that as an LSR, we haven't had too many reports.

Is that for today, or including yesterday's snow? I could probably use that as an LSR, we haven't had too many reports.

That was what fell from 12:30am - 11am or so this morning. I took two other readings to get an average. It is 16:1 ratio. 1.0" of snow.

I don't know what yesterday's was. Lower ratio for sure.

Didn't even need the brush this morning, wind sheild wipers were enough to swipe it away.

---

A wintry scene down at North Point Marina this morning.

That was what fell from 12:30am - 11am or so this morning. I took two other readings to get an average. It is 16:1 ratio. 1.0" of snow.

I don't know what yesterday's was. Lower ratio for sure.

Didn't even need the brush this morning, wind sheild wipers were enough to swipe it away.

---

A wintry scene down at North Point Marina this morning.

Very nice photo! So your total was 1" and not 1.8"?

Very nice photo! So your total was 1" and not 1.8"?

The 0.8" was yesterday, sorry I'm not sure what the ratio was for that much. I cleared my board at about 5pm last night. All of today's snow was consistently fluffy.

Edit: A guess for yesterday's snow was probably 11:1 or 10:1. Was on the wet side.

It's been snowing at a light to moderate rate for several hours now across NWOH now... finally getting into some better returns here in BG. Picked up nearly an inch this afternoon... maybe another inch by the end of the night. Of course it all compacts a decent amount between snows but it's been consistently snowy the last 10 days of December. Should be interesting to see what TOL's final numbers are for today... generally totals were near 3" from this morning's snow and they might pick up another .5-1" around these areas into tonight.

Ended up picking up 0.5" of fluff as persistent light snow fell all afternoon. This plus this mornings 2.2" of sugar gives a calendar day snowfall of 2.7" (water content 0.20"). Its just the perfect winter scene outside, as this fluff has kept the roadside snowbanks white despite all the salt splattering from cars, and added a sparkle to the 7-inch snowpack.

A day late lol, but here are the pics from yesterday morning. Didnt have time to go around looking for good shots, rather just take a bunch of neighborhood shots quick...but it is indeed a winter wonderland. Picked up 2.7" on the day yesterday imby, which puts my December total at 11.1", all of which fell from Dec 21-29, which is ABOVE NORMAL for December! DTW officially had 2.2" yesterday and 10.2" in December, also ABOVE NORMAL. Remember a week and a half ago when some were asking about a complete shutout in Dec? For those still snow-starved...things can change, and FAST.

3331-800.jpg

3332-800.jpg

3333-800.jpg

3334-800.jpg

3335-800.jpg

3336-800.jpg

3337-800.jpg

3338-800.jpg

3339-800.jpg

3340-800.jpg

Archived